r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats pulling your RPod

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 40>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shastasmom02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shastasmom02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 3:59pm
Pulling our 183G with a Nissan Frontier pick-up,
4.0 Litre No other adds,
Pulls the mountain passes like a dream.
catspaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catspaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 11:43am
Pulling our 2013 177 with a 2016 F-150 with 3.5 Ecoboost with towing package and back up assist.  LOVE IT!
2013 177 & 2016 F150
LinT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LinT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2017 at 10:32pm
Mike, I am so glad that I came across your posting.  I too have a 2016 Highlander and am interested in getting the Rpod 178.  My plan is to take it to Alaska (we live in Ontario), but I wanted to get first hand information on how well that pairing works directly from the mouth of a Highlander owner.

I have been reading many postings of people's opinions/recommendations that the Highlander is not suited to tow anything other than a popup trailer.  I do not understand why since it is rated to tow 5000lbs.  Can you tell me your experience towing your Rpod with the Highlander?  What is your MPG?  Do you have problems with wind and turbulence?  How does it handle going up and down steep grades?  Have you had any nerve racking experiences towing the Rpod with your Highlander?  Do you have any advice on buying a trailer for the Highlander?

Your advice on getting a weight distribution system is greatly appreciated.  I had already decided to a get weight distribution system (Anderson), but reading your confirmation of its benefits is a welcomed re-assurance.

Tom
rknight36172 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknight36172 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 12:29am
We pull our R-pod with a 2015 Dodge Grand Carevan. We just got back from a 8 week 12,000 mile trip and had no problems at all. Surprised the heck out of me. But Dodge and my RV dealer said it would do it. Averaged 13.8 miles to the gal. If anyone has any question would be happy to answer them..
Rich
SCYankees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCYankees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2017 at 12:02pm
We use an Anderson WDH also, and have found it to be the best so far for us.  We used to have an anti-sway bar, and that worked somewhat except for when the big 18 wheelers went by, and then we tried a WDH hitch that was less expensive than the Anderson, but those long bars were just too heavy and difficult for us to maneuver into position.  Now with the Anderson, everything is much steadier and easier for us.

Pat
Al and Pat Trudeau

R-Pod 196 Owners
Sariian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sariian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 10:52pm
Trailer was great. The tent portion really opens up the space and is perfect for a family of 4. I agree with you about the 12 volt outlet... it is odd that they wouldnt have one pre installed. A definite mod for the future.
2018 RP-176T
2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Dastrom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dastrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 5:41pm
Nice! I love the Andersen WDS. How do you like your 176? I just got done with 5 days of dry camping and love the trailer! I wished it had a 12 volt plug for a fan, but that's easily solved.
Sariian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sariian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 2:56pm
Pulling our 2018 176T with a 2017 Honda Pilot Touring (Canada version of US Elite) which has the OEM 5000lbs tow package (includes the extra transmission cooler).  Use an Anderson WDH and a Tekonsha P3 brake controller.
2018 RP-176T
2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Dastrom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dastrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2017 at 1:27am
2010 Tacoma 6v with factor tow package. Rpod 180. And I'm using a Andersen WDS
Edsana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edsana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2017 at 10:56am
Are you using a weight distribution hitch system? I that I could definitely use more torque from the engine when pulling up hills.
Ed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 40>
  Share Topic