r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water In Tail Lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ron 184 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 184 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water In Tail Lights
    Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 9:11am
I 180 had water in it plus some lights out. Called dealership brought it in and they replaced lights under warranty. Since no than no water or burned out leds
R Woodward
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 10:28am
Then my guess would be the inverter itself. Try hooking it up to another battery/12v source. Is it blowing it's fuse, or the fuse at the panel, for the circuit you added?
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
DessertPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DessertPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 9:35am
yea, its an inverter that i have wired off the main ground and a fused terminal.  worked great forever for over a year and then started blowing the fuse.  maybe the inverter shorted out.  its weird, it blows the fuse without even turning inverter on.  anyway, thanks for your help.
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 8:54am
Originally posted by DessertPod DessertPod wrote:

I too found my back left tail light filled with water.  Also, my inverter started shorting and blowing fuses before even being turned on.  Do you think the problem is related?

Desertpod

Inverter? or converter. Your pod has a converter from FR, an inverter would be an add on you did.

The running light system is not, in any way, hooked or connected to the Pod's internal 12v system.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DessertPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:45am
oh, thats what that stuff i peeled off was.  i ordered a new tail light from Command for $20 + 5 for shipping.  Go with silicon when replacing?   Can i still get the tail light off with silicon on it?  Thanks.
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 9:30am
Check out my previous post on taillights.  both of mine failed do to a heavy strip of mastic on the back side causing them to over heat.  I replaced them, used clear silicon them and they work fine.  the water may be coming fro a leak around the window or spoiler.

Lark  R-179
Lark

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DessertPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 3:05pm
I too found my back left tail light filled with water.  Also, my inverter started shorting and blowing fuses before even being turned on.  Do you think the problem is related?

Desertpod
Jerome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by penny-podding penny-podding wrote:

We had this problem, too. Water in the driver's side tail light. Still under warranty and the dealer fixed it without a problem. 

Same here... 177 and water in the light on the driver's side... unscrewed it, purged the water and will get if fixed next trip to the dealer.
Jerome
r-pod 177 (July 2010) Tundra 2007 Long Bed
clevispin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clevispin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 2:54pm
Weather has warmed up enough that I uncovered my pod and took another look at the tail light. Remove three phillips screws, and it is still stuck quite agressively to the fiberglass tailer shell. I had to take a box knife and slit the silicon sealer, then pry it off with a screwdriver.

That leaves you with a tailight assembly that is a red outer piece and a black inner piece. The seal betweeen them is the problem, and the reason it seems to be hit or miss to all of us is that sometimes the silicon they use to seal the assembly to the trailer also seals the two pieces of the assembly ... or not, depending on how messy they got.

In any case, it's a replace, not repair. But it's easy ... far easier and cheaper than hooking up the pod and driving it 50 miles to the dealer at 11 miles per gallon vs 36 miles per gallon in my little comuter car !!

Tom
Mik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 10:08pm

On our second trip with our new 172 last week the right tail light quit working partially. The rear light function still works without trouble but the break light and the side indicator function does not work anymore. Anyone here with a similar experience?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic