r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got two Service Bulletins from FR today...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plantkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got two Service Bulletins from FR today...
    Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 6:48am
I opened the mail today and got two service bulletin letters from FR:

(1) "It has come to our attention that RPOD model 172 with serial numbers L004552 through L005400 may have an exposed 3" opening located on the driver side in the floor near or around the dump valves on the underside."

(2) "It has come to our attention that RPOD models with serial numbers L004101 through L005085 may have inadequate sealant under all four corners where the side bottom rails meet both the front and rear bottom rails."

I'm suppose to take my 172 to my dealer and get these fixed.

Fun, fun, fun.
2010 R-POD 172 (version 1.0)
2007 NISSAN FRONTIER SE 4x4 w/ Prodigy P3
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 8:20am
Some early postings referred to the four corners not being sealed.  Mine looked OK but I will check the serial numbers and confirm.  The 3" hole sounds bad
Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
TerryM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TerryM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 1:45pm
I got the letter about the rails needing sealed also.  But mine are good.

Terry
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 1:48pm
No letter, I check my mail tomorrow.  Looked OK, but I'll have the dealer recheck.  I'm going to have the riser's installed soon so that will be a prefect time to get a good visual underneath.
Lee
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
nlroller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nlroller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 1:53pm
I got the letter yesterday.  My corners look sealed.  Not sure if it's the 650 sealant, though.  Any ideas how to tell?  Mine does have the three-inch hole.  Looks like it was cut out in the wrong place to allow for the low point drain plugs or something.  Will be at the dealer on Monday for something else, hope they can fix it then.
San Antonio, TX
2004 Sienna
2010 R-pod 172
Scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 2:18pm
I'll be checking mine this weekend- received the service bulletins yesterday in the mail and I called Forest River this morning.  Since I purchased my 172 out of state, the warranty lady I spoke to said I could easily make any repairs needed myself.  As per the bulletins, Forest River recommends Tremco Trempro 650 sealant, which I found is available at Fastenal stores nation-wide.  It would be nice if I wouldn't need to do anything?!  Ying Yang
Scott & Ann
Colorado Springs, CO
RP-172, '98 Ford Explorer
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by plantkiller plantkiller wrote:

I opened the mail today and got two service bulletin letters from FR:

(1) "It has come to our attention that RPOD model 172 with serial numbers L004552 through L005400 may have an exposed 3" opening located on the driver side in the floor near or around the dump valves on the underside."
 (

Didn't get any mail today.  But mine is in the serial numbers for the 1st.  And looking up under the wheel well on the drivers side you can see the hole next to the low point drain cap.   In my book that would qualify as an oops.   If they had just used all that extra sealant from the drain pipe in the other big gapping whole, it wouldn't be a problem. :)

plantkiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plantkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 4:53pm
Is that insulation under our floor board?   If so, cool.   I didn't know the floor of the POD were insulated.   However, the 3" hole sux.   I can't believe that got pass FR's "quality assurance" checks.
2010 R-POD 172 (version 1.0)
2007 NISSAN FRONTIER SE 4x4 w/ Prodigy P3
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 5:02pm
From the looks of it the floor of r-pod is foam between two sheets of 1/4 inch plywood.
Scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 6:29am

Great picture of the three-inch hole communicated in the bulletin... does anyone have a picture to post of how the corners might look if they are not properly sealed?  That would be a helpful guide.

Scott
Scott & Ann
Colorado Springs, CO
RP-172, '98 Ford Explorer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic