r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Got two Service Bulletins from FR today...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JeepPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Got two Service Bulletins from FR today...
    Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 3:31pm
AH!! Just found the posted photo!

Sorry poders!

Lisa
JeepPod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 3:30pm
I haven't received a letter yet, but I've only had my 172 a week.  My serial number does fall with in the range of those with possible issues.

I checked for the three inch hoel and no problem there.

Can someone post a photo of the corner sealant problem or at least the area in question?

Thanks!

Lisa
Scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 2:56pm
Checked out my 172 this afternoon- no 3" hole to patch, thank goodness!  I will add some sealant though to a few places around the corners- all corners seem to be covered but were done quickly - I think I can do a better job...

Scott
Scott & Ann
Colorado Springs, CO
RP-172, '98 Ford Explorer
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 11:09am

Rpod floor from underneath, looking up at left rear corner. Note exposed plywood edges where sealant is missing, typical of all four corners on my 172.

.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 9:44am
When I called Forest River, they said to patch the 3" hole with a comparable size of styrofoam and then seal it with a good sticky tape or the aforementioned 650 sealant.

Scott
Scott & Ann
Colorado Springs, CO
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2009 at 3:44am

Does the letter from FR tell you how to fill the hole?

.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 7:09am
     I just spoke with Forest River this morning on the phone . I said my corners looked sealed, but that I was concerned if there was a problem down the road would it be covered under warranty. I was told that it would be, so we will file the letter and leave it alone. If I see later it needs to be sealed, I see no time limit to have it sealed in the letter. I know by previous posts some have had a problem which led to a soggy floor and concern for the possibility of mold. I am guessing that is what led to the service letter. Ouch    David 
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
Scott View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2009 at 6:29am

Great picture of the three-inch hole communicated in the bulletin... does anyone have a picture to post of how the corners might look if they are not properly sealed?  That would be a helpful guide.

Scott
Scott & Ann
Colorado Springs, CO
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 5:02pm
From the looks of it the floor of r-pod is foam between two sheets of 1/4 inch plywood.
plantkiller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plantkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 4:53pm
Is that insulation under our floor board?   If so, cool.   I didn't know the floor of the POD were insulated.   However, the 3" hole sux.   I can't believe that got pass FR's "quality assurance" checks.
2010 R-POD 172 (version 1.0)
2007 NISSAN FRONTIER SE 4x4 w/ Prodigy P3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic