r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from the Great White North

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saskpodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from the Great White North
    Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 5:11am
Recently purchased a '10 RP171 fully loaded and had it out last weekend.  Towed beautiful with just basic hitch, and everything worked great.  No problems at all.

Rpodnation.com is a wonderful site with lots of great information.

Originally had a '07 Ford Ranger 3 liter 6 which pulled rpod well on flat, but didn't like the hills so we up graded.  Passing this on for others with same or similar vehicle.

Happy Rpoding, hope to stumble across some of you in our journeys.

PS - Saw mention of $8.00 a gallon gas in Canada, well in our neck of the woods it is basically $1.00 a litre which would be about $3.50 US for a US gallon.

GoTak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoTak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 9:24am
Hello; I'm looking for R-pod172 in Alberta. It seems like you are in SK. Where did you buy it from and how much was it?

Thanks;
Saskpodders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saskpodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 10:30am
Hello neighbour.  Puchased ours from Lardner's in Saskatoon, SK. (Shelly)  price was approx. 17,000 before taxes.  Here is a website:  http://www.lardners.com/new-rvs/trailers/s918.html.  From our understanding they have sold to Alberta, as the asking prices in Alberta are really  high.

Check it  out, they were really good to deal with.
Saskpodders - '10 RP171
06 Chevy Silverado 5.3 V8
"Land of Living Skies"
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 3:55am
Hello and welcome Great White North people.  You'll love your new digs.  Send pic's.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
GoTak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoTak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2009 at 5:50am
Thank so much, I will check the dealer in SK as well. I hope I can buy one in this month.

John F. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 7:13am
I know Diamond RV in Calgary NE carries Forest River's R-Pod. I live in Calgary but I bought my R-Pod 172 at Leisure RV Centre In Penticton. I did not know about Diamond...Diiamond did some warranty service on mine, good service.
John F.
R-Pod 172
08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Max. Tow Cap. 3500lbs
GoTak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoTak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 9:29am
Hi John;

Is there any reason why you did not buy your pod from Diamond RV? I will check with them. Thanks;

chainring View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chainring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2009 at 10:55am
You might want to check at Diamond RV one more time...  

I went to visit them at the NE location yesterday and found the entire place closed and all stock removed, confusing.  When I called the receptionist said they suddenly had to move and didn't update their website yet (which had directed me to the NE location).  They are now 5 blocks south of Chinook mall.

In any case, the salesman told me a RPod 172 was priced at $14,800 ($canadian of course, being in Calgary).  That was my first time ever seeing one and I was very impressed by the layout, low weight, and very resonable price.  Even my wife, was impressed ! :-)

We have owned a tent trailer for 2 camping seasons, which was a big step up from the tent.  It lets us get out camping with 2 small kids in reasonable comfort.  But we tend to go to colder (mountains, higher altitude) campsites.  We just had +2 Celsius (35 F) over night temps in Idaho in mid August on the last trip.  Any comments from existing owners on the following would be appreciated:

- how do you find the insulation in the RPod?
- how loud is the furnace? (we found the furnace keeps waking us up in the tent trailer (2002 Viking 10')  
- how long could you make the battery last while running the furnace sparingly at night (just to take the edge off the chill)?

Thanks all!

podwannabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote podwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2009 at 12:16pm
Do you remember the sales persons name you spoke to @ diamond RV?  I was there just 3 days ago and they gave me a price of $18,900 base cost + GST + admin cost?  The R-dome would cost another $800.  Maybe I can get the deal you stated @ $14,800.  Smile
Really love the rp172 model.  Been looking for awhile now and can't find any or the prices are just too high. Ouch
Found one used 2010 in Edmonton AB really nice and in excellent condition, but the seller said it was already pending and they would let me know if the buyer backs out.  They are willing to let it go for $17,500 and it already has the A/C installed and axel risers.  They are supposed to let me know on Thursday.  I really hope the buyer backs out.  I figure might as well save the GST and admin costs.  They only used it a handful of times.  They bought a motorhome and are expecting another baby.  Keep fingers crossed.  Big smile

yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2009 at 6:25pm
You will find a big improvement in a solid side trailer in comparison to a pop-up.  We have camped in a pop-up and the R-pod in spring and fall and have experienced temps into the low 30's.  Just recently we had temps get into the low 40's.  We did not run the furnace and the temp inside the R-Pod got down into the mid 50's, and when it got into the 50's at night, it got into the lower 60's.  You'll find them to be drier and warmer.  No more cold damp beds.  We boon docked and used a generator to run our electric heater to warm it up before we went to sleep, and again when we got up.  Heats up fast.  We have used the furnace in the past when we had electric power,  and did not find it to be as noisy as the one we had in our pop-up.  We also use a down comforter that really helps to keep you toasty warm.   Sorry, but we can't help you answering your question about how long a battery would last.  I have heard the fan can run a battery down fast.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic