r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Door lock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekkerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Door lock
    Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 7:25pm
we are having serious issues with the door/lock on our 2019 179. Sometimes its almost impossible to unlock the door. (The main lower lock) The deadbolt seems to be under severe stress against the faceplate.
Went to dealer and was told that the door maybe "curved" too  much and that we should use small blocks of wood at top and bottom of frame and push the door in to "straighten" it slightly. He said the doors are intentionally curved.

APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS ON THIS.
trekkerman
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 8:27am
First I have ever heard that comment.  I have had my door off in past and it is a flat door.  I also have lubed door as mine sticks occasionally when it is dry.  Depending upon trailer level, my door can drag a bit when opening.
Mike Carter
2015 178
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 9:16am
I would walk away from that dealer to start...

Have you tried adjusting the strike plate? 99.999% of door lock issues are cured right there.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
trekkerman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trekkerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 9:21am
Thanks for the feedback
trekkerman
SCYankees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCYankees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 6:39pm
That dealer doesn't want to fix your door.  The door needs to be replaced.!!!  We had the same issue.

Pat
Al and Pat Trudeau

R-Pod 196 Owners
Colorado1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colorado1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 6:02pm
Door lock problems: Remove the strike plate and using a grinder or a hacksaw, make the cutout longer and or wider.  I used a 4" grinder to grind mine until the door lock started sliding in and out easily.  The door was also rubbing in the top corner, so I ground the flange of the door with the grinder as well.

Good luck. R-Pod 178, Pagosa Springs, CO
Colorado1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic