r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bed reading Lamps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john_benham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bed reading Lamps
    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 2:05pm
This was an easy add-on for our R-Pod 179. I purchased two 'Falcon 12V LED RV flexible reading lamps on eBay for around $17/ea.

I installed them on the right side of the bed wall, each next to the window shade housing. I used 12-feet of common lamp wiring. Since it is LED, the wiring is polarized and '+' and '-' 12 V must go to each source. I soldered and taped each lamp wires.

The source was the power lines to the DVD/stereo unit (removed) within and above the closet wall. Access to the inner wall area was through a hole I drilled into the antenna amplifier plate. Unfortunately since the wiring was installed and routed on an outside wall, it is visible.

One must use an extreme right angle philips screw driver to secure the lamps outside screws as shown by photos. I patiently used a small philips drill head with a pair of pliers.

Now we each have our own bed reading lamp.

The other modifications seen includes the bookshelf; an overhead shelf for storing light-weight items such as blankets and pillows; and the lower A/C plug directly to DC/AC inverter for TV monitor. These modifications I shared earlier.

Enjoy!

John B.
Spokane

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic