r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finish and Polish Pod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finish and Polish Pod
    Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 12:18pm
Anybody know a quick and easy way to clean and wax the roof? Some staining has occurred due to overhead trees. I washed it, and now I'm using rubbing compound and NuFinish polish. It's getting the job done but it's slow. Is there some solvent, like maybe turpentine, that can remove the stains? Also, that NuFinish seems to protect, but it leaves a splotchy shine. I would like to have an even, high gloss wax finish. Anybody have success with this?
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 6:19pm
I use LA Awesome available at dollar stores,  mix per instructions, it is a great stain and mold removal cleaner.  Then I wax, any number of good waxes available.  Once a year I use a quality wax, but in between I use a wash and wax product.
Mike Carter
2015 178
Oliver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2019 at 6:51pm
Thanks Mike, I'll give that a try...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic