r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

floor leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
oliquir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oliquir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: floor leak
    Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 8:22am
Originally posted by mcarter mcarter wrote:

How do you know the seal was not installed, it's a 6 year old pod?  The seal could be missing now.

there was no seal (butyl tape) between the metal edge and the side of wall, others luggage door had that seal (i talked to original owners that buyed it new and no repairs were done since it was new)
also found out that a lot of windows are not adjusted correctly (just had to adjust screws inside)
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 7:12pm
Caveat - I have spoken to several owners that had leaks on right side (passenger) side of 178s under the floor section, due to the floor dropping below the plastic diamond guard.  Several repair options have been discussed.  My damage was at the forward 1/2" where it tucks into the diamond plate.  It just basically fell out of the bottom lip.  I'd be interested in what you find.  AND your solution.  THANKS
Mike Carter
2015 178
mcarter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcarter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 5:42pm
How do you know the seal was not installed, it's a 6 year old pod?  The seal could be missing now.
Mike Carter
2015 178
oliquir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oliquir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 10:31am
wow just removed the baggage door assembly under the table and found out there was no seal at all installed at factory!! i just removed the 4 screw and the door falled off itself!
oliquir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oliquir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 2:36pm
ok just find out that major infiltration was from front light image
oliquir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oliquir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 10:55am
Hi just buyed a 2013 r-pod 178 for repairs, it has wet floors (top luan only) (but not rotten yet) under the table but no other signs of humidity in the walls or roof. is that typical for the r-pods (i am thinking it leaked through the front diamond plate)
If you have any clue where to check for beginning. Thanx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic