r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carbon Monoxide alarm R-Pod 180

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ron 184 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 184 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carbon Monoxide alarm R-Pod 180
    Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 12:32pm
Thanks for the heads up I will recheck the smoke detector.

R Woodward
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 1:15pm
There are 3 "monitors" in the Pod, carbon monoxide, Smoke, and Propane. The one that is usually hardwired is the propane detector. In some floor plans, the Smoke and CO detectors are combined.

Make sure you know which one for sure it is you are needing to replace. Then battery or hardwired is up to you.

The hard wired detectors will also alarm if the battery (12v) is low.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Ron 184 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron 184 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 10:39am
Over the labor day weekend I had the CO detector went off. There wasn't any gas on nothing cooking. Windows and door open, just setting for a camping weekend. Since I couldn't stop the alarm I cut the power wires. Checked the circuit board and it was very hot not warm but hot.

Question to be legal do I need to replace this with another power CO meter or could I use a house CO meter runs off batteries?

Power wires have been capped and tapped off.

Thanks
R Woodward
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic