r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New R-190

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SCYankees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCYankees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New R-190
    Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 6:54pm
Nice to hear about the mods you made.  We looked at the 190 and found it too cramped for us.  We like the new 191 and actually waiting for the new 195 to debut this spring.  Hoping it will fulfill our dreams of the bed being in a different direction.

Pat
Al and Pat Trudeau

R-Pod 196 Owners
swampfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 2:10pm
Well Tedbear, I have made quite a few mods to our unit;

Hinged the plywood beneath the kitchen settee.
Built and installed the towel/Washcloth cabinet above the toilet. (plenty of room)
Installed 16" shelving above the window at the foot of the bed.
Installed a 6" shelf above the window at the head of the bead.
Installed covers on the frame tubing at rear of the camper.
Closed the side of the cabinet in the bathroom.  (not sure why they did not do that at the factory)
Removed the valances in the bedroom and the wife installed curtains.
Converted the closet to a pantry by installing shelving.
Installed a small collapsible clothes hanger on the small angled wall between the bath and bedroom.

Thats it for now!!
lifecruzer
tedbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 6:07pm
Good for you!  I am a nine-year r-pod owner in the process of selling my 171 in order to get a 190.  Like you, I immediately started making changes, and I will be interested in your modifications as I wait to get mine.  Nice to know about that panel under the sink!
swampfox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swampfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2018 at 10:31am
We picked up our new 190 last Friday.........I am pulling with a 2004 Ford Explorer Sport trac V6 and this thing tows like a dream with just an anti-sway bar!

I have already done some alterations to the unit such as removing that worthless piece of paneling under the sink which tripled the kitchen storage space!Smile

I can see that I need to build a 30" X 12" inch cabinet for towel and wash cloth storage above the toilet.

Other than some clean up of saw dust and wood chips that the factory did not do, Very little else to do on the unit.......I am sure it will be just right for the wife and I!

See you all on the road!   We can be found right on the corner of Health and Happiness!

Swampfox
lifecruzer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic