r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hot water heater bypass?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot water heater bypass?
    Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 11:15am
Hi, Pod People:

Still a pretty new RPod owner.  I winterized the Pod but then took a trip recently.  On some trips, we really don't need the hot water heater.  Is there a cutoff valve?  When de-winterizing, the pump has to run FOREVER to fill that tank.  It would be nice to bypass it if possible.  Sorry for the silly question,

Thanks!

Scott
Mr. Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 11:27am
Okay, did a more thorough search and found some posts.  I think I can figure this out.  Too bad I've got to move so much to do it, but I think I got this.

Thanks!

Scott
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 12:41pm
What model do you have, and, when "de-winterizing".. just hook up to the city water connection. The pump will need 3 minutes to fill the WH tank, it's rated at 2 gallons a minute.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Mr. Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 10:24pm
Thanks, Furpod.  I figured the city connection would fill the system pretty quickly.  Good to know about fill time for the pump.  I re-winterized a couple of days ago.  Good thing, too.  Getting down to 19--21 deg. F. for the next week here.  Brrrr....  Warms up pretty nice during the day, however.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic