r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tail light not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomcamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tail light not working
    Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 12:15pm
Rear passenger side tail light quit working on rp177 in all modes. Only problem. Ideas on cause and fix?   Currently on long trip. Tomcamper
Tomcamper
2016 4runner
Dreampod 177

06 GMC Envoy
Pete F. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 3:33pm
Hi Tom, check the fuses in the tow vehicle, I had my back turn signal light and brakes lights go and that is what it was. However it blew the new one as well so there must be a short in my wiring somewhere.
Make sure to replace it with the same amp fuse that is blown. It will be in your owners manual. 

good luck
Pete  
Pete F. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 3:34pm
Hi Tom, check the fuses in your tow vehicle. Your owners manual will tell which fuse is which.

Good luck
Pete
Tomcamper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomcamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2016 at 5:21pm
Thanks Pete.    Checked fuses in both TV and Rpod.   Took tail light off and checked wiring and followed it best I could.    Day before we drove through a flooded street after a huge thunderstorm and took some water under the pod's door; and we have axle risers.    Could not find cause.    Drove around for two days without back light, and then thought maybe wet and shorting?     Bought a tube of dielectric grease and put it on wires and the electrical connector.    Lights came back on a few hours later, I'm thinking the driving and the sun and wind may have dried it out?     Anyway thanks for responding.     Tom
Tomcamper
2016 4runner
Dreampod 177

06 GMC Envoy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic