r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbryanpeters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello
    Posted: 06 Aug 2016 at 8:56pm
I recently purchased a 2014 RP-171 and am in the process of familiarizing myself with the beast. After learning and checking out all the systems and doing some maintenance and minor repairs, I took it on its first road trip last weekend and had a good time. 

I have already made a few minor modifications, which I will post eventually.

JBP

Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 8:07am
Hi
Welcome to the R-Pod world..  I had a 171 for 5 years and traded up to a 179 in 2015.  They are a very practical TT  and I hope you enjoy yours.  Many folks have left this site and are now on social media.  Usually you will find people here who will be able to answer your questions.  You didn't say what your tow vehicle is.  Most folks find they get from 11 to 13 mpg while towing. 

Lark  F-150 R-179
Lark
johnbryanpeters View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnbryanpeters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 7:33pm
I'm towing with a 2013 half ton Chevy Express AWD van. Based on one trip, seem to be getting about 12 MPG, which is roughly a 25% hit in mileage.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic