r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Enjoying Our New R-180

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ORPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enjoying Our New R-180
    Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 11:53pm
We purchased a 2016 R-179 in May of 2015 after going to the manufacturer's site here in Oregon and viewed the 12-13 stations where they build the R-179. Great quality product. After using the 179 for a year we decided we needed more bathroom space and also the ability to sit at the dinette and look across the table out the window. Thus, we visited our dealer and settled on a new 2017 R-180. We have camped 10 days since we received the 180 on June 28th and are pleased with the changes - especially just one dump outlet on the 180. Forest River has hit a home run with it and the sales are showing it. I had added a door window on the 179 so we could see who is knocking on it; as well as a 12V outlet to keep our phones charged. We also added a shelf over the bed. With the 180 we do not need to put a window in the door as the dinette window suffices. We have added a 12V outlet as well thru the inverter on one of the spare fuse spots. Let me know how you are enjoying your 180 and the mods that have helped you.
Eph 2
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 6:09am
Congratulations.  Loving our 180 too.
"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

gnawbone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnawbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 5:00pm
We also recently purchased a 180 and named her after our previous unit 177-"WeePod" home is Sterling PA. The bathroom is what clinched it. Only problem I have is the floor to step being 12".
a big step for crippled folks.  Haven't resolved the problem yet.
Best wishes on your 180
Buck & RuthSmile
Buck Gilpin
Always be sincere, even if you don't mean it!
2016 R-180
2017 Toyota Tacoma
2004 Dodge 3500

ORPOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ORPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 7:38pm
Buck and Ruth, I know you are enjoying your 180 too. We sold a truck camper because the steps into the back and into the over cab bed were too much at our age. Yes, the one step into the 180 floor (and our previous 179 as well) is a hassle for us. Our 180 is the Hood River Edition and that means 15" tires with a lift on the axle to get around the logging Oregon roads. We carry a portable step placed from the ground to the one step. Once I mounted a riser on the step to make it closer to the floor. However, it had to be removed to travel and was not very secure. It was a hassle to mount and dismount. I could have bolted it on but that would also have been a hassle to dismount. I did look into replacing the one to a two step stair, but did not find the exact manufacturer so it would mount as the one step does. If you find a remedy let us know. Thanks and keep camping.
Eph 2
GUNNY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUNNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 12:36am
If you want a 2 step for entry step go to E trailer.com

GUNNY
gnawbone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnawbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 4:00pm
Hi Gunny, thanks for the reply. I have checked into the 2 step add on units, but they still have a very high step into the trailer. Housing building codes allow 7" riser. This r pod is 12".   looking for remedy.
thanks again,
Buck
Buck Gilpin
Always be sincere, even if you don't mean it!
2016 R-180
2017 Toyota Tacoma
2004 Dodge 3500

El Potato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Potato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2017 at 8:43pm
Great to hear! I will be picking up my new 2017 180 later this month. Cant wait for an upcoming year of adventure traveling around the country in it.
Lets get lost.
ORPOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ORPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 10:12am
El Potato, you will enjoy your 180 immensely. We are snowed in here in central Oregon - up past the window sills. But we are dreaming of places to go first and making reservations on the Internet. There is an R-pod/ Forest River assembly at Cannon Beach, OR Aug 27 - 29 this year. Check out the posts. Too much snow to try and get out now. Have the 180 under a shed, winterized and check on the heater every now and then to keep it dry in there. First stop might be Ochoco National Forest to visit some on gold mines in March. Then to Brookings. Have fun.
Eph 2
El Potato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Potato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 10:48am
I will definitely look that up. I adore the Oregon coast and go salmon fishing there yearly. I cannot wait to meet fellow podders on the road to share rigs and travel stories with. Thank you.
Lets get lost.
ORPOD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ORPOD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2017 at 6:37pm
Here is the fella in charge, Bob Cowan, cowan.bob3@gmail.com. Or bcowan@hevanet.com. Bob and Sue Cowan, 503-699-9213. He has headed it for the last several years. He lives in a Portland suburb. He will add your name to the list and send you the agenda. He has two RV Parks that are taking reservations. We have stayed at Nehalem Bay State Park 14 miles away because as a disabled vet we can stay there for free. August 27 - 30, Thurs - Sun. Good luck!
Eph 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic