r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Battery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mesamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery
    Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 6:22pm
I need a little explanation regarding the battery charge. I think I have asked this before, so I either missed it or something isn't working as advertised.
Camped with my 2016 179, on battery power only. According to the indicator we only used about 1/2 the charge. I was under the impression once connected to the tow vehicle, and driving, the car battery/alternator is recharging the Rpod battery. It was a 3 hour drive and still had about 1/2 charge. Connected it to the electrical cord and full charge in about 45 minutes.
Am I missing something, shouldn't 3 hours charge the battery back full ?
ETeague View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETeague Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 12:31pm
It will charge only if who ever wired your vehicle 7 pin receptor ran a wire up to the engine compartment, hooking into the alternator output side.  Im not an electrician, but do know it hooks up there somewhere...:)  If it was wired, check the fuse on that wire, might be blown.  Hope this helps. ET
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 8:10pm
What is your tow vehicle, and are you sure it is sending a charge at all?
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
pjmjunior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjmjunior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 7:51pm
You have to make sure that your electrical connection is actually hooked up.

On my Chevrolet Suburban I had to hook up two wires from the wiring harness to the battery. The wires were already installed but not connected. On my father-in-law's Ford F-150 I had to install the supplied relay and fuse (found them in a zip-lock bag in the glove box).

~Peter
2014 R-Pod 182G

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic