r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Owners Registry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just Got MY R-Pod Today Newbie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just Got MY R-Pod Today Newbie
    Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:24pm
I been searching forums and researching for months now. I finally decided on the I-Pod ( thought I was going to go with an egg). It was delivered to me today ad I cant wait to go camping!

I think I really got a good deal on it ( maybe I should have asked here first).

I'm a TT newbie so any input about the R-pod would be welcomed.

Here is the add for the R-Pod

2011 R-Pod 171

SLEEPS 4/. QUEEN BED / DINETTE CONVERTIBLE BED. 11,000 BTU AIR CONDITIONER 20,000 BTU FURNACE, 4.2 CF 3-WAY REFRIGERATOR , 2 BURNER RANGE TOP , GAS / ELEC DSI WATER HEATER, MICROWAVE, WET BATH WITH INTEGRATED TOILET. DOLBY AM/FM/CD /DVD/TV COMBO. SPARE TIRE WITH COVER/ 14" GOODYEAR RADIALS,TINTED SAFETY GLASS WINDOWS. COME WITH R- POD AWNING WITH SCREEN ROOM. SWAY BAR , LEVELER AND SURGE.

I paid. $7,500. The owner even replaced the mattress with a new memory-foam one that still has plastic on it (said that one that came in it was awful).

Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 7:55am
HI Alissa
Welcome to the web site and to R-Poding.  Yes, I would say that you got a good deal.  Check out the many postings on this site, and ask questions.  Everyone here is helpful to folks that are new to RVing and Pods.  I owned a R-171 for 5 years and it worked out well.  I traded it for another pod a R-179, which I'm very pleased with.  If you haven't towed anything before, use the mirrors, take corners wider,  and double check when making lane changes.  Remember you are now twice as long!  You will soon get the hang of it.  Backing up takes some practice, and it's good to have a spotter at least at first.   Good luck and enjoy the RV experience!

Lark F-150 2015 R-179
Lark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic