r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

winterize

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FirstwOrld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: winterize
    Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 11:42am
This is our 1st winter with RPOD. We love it. It is stored outside in large yard we pay for.

It is known to freeze where we live in Sacramento,CA.  What should we do to protect our RPOD?

Thank You, June and Fred Sugar
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2015 at 1:58pm
It won't freeze hard or long. Drain your FW system with the low point drains if you are not going to use it this winter. Other than that nothing.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2015 at 7:41am
I  Live in MN so I blow out the water lines, drain the water heater, put RV antifreeze in the drains.  Where you live, draining everything should be enough.  I also cover mine with a fitted cover.  I put blocks under the tires and cover them.  The sun in your area will weather the pod very quickly.
Lark  2015 R-179  F-150 
Lark
Texas Podder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas Podder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 9:56am
Hey Lark,

What do you mean block the tires? I have been curious about that since this will be my first off-season. Do you just back up on blocks or do you lift the trailer a bit to take some weight off the tires? I was told tires would get flat spots by allowing them to sit with weight on them.
Mike & Erin
2016 Rpod 179
2013 Tundra 4.6 V8
2006 Honda Goldwing
2005 Honda VTX 1800
RandyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 2:13pm
June/ Fred....... I have had my 171 for 4 years now and have had no cold weather prob. here in the valley (Davis). 
RandyB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic