r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer Jack Caster Wheel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiawah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer Jack Caster Wheel
    Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 7:27pm
Hi Newbie here so sorry for the question in advance but any help would be appreciated! We have a 2016 Rpod 176 the trailer manufacture is Lippert.  I contacted them about what size wheel needed because an older thread mentioned that one owner tried several until he found one that fit after he called the manufacture of his (Domar) unfortunately they could not make a recommendation. Can I buy any 2" caster wheel with the appropriate load bearing requirements or is there something unique about the Rpod? Any suggestions and links to wheels purchased would be great. Thanks
RandyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 2:20pm
one of my jacks got draged and bent so I replaced both with steel swivle casters and so far so good.
RandyB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 6:14am
I am pretty sure they are asking about the tongue jack. I am not sure I would recommend a wheel up there unless you are on perfectly flat ground. I have seen a couple pods move unexpectedly on what seemed flat ground.. and not so flat actually. They are pretty heavy and not prone to stopping once moving..
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
RandyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 11:47am
Furpod, after re-reading it you are right, and I did buy one of those too and never used it just use the skid plate. By the way nice Golden.
RandyB
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by RandyB RandyB wrote:

Furpod, after re-reading it you are right, and I did buy one of those too and never used it just use the skid plate. By the way nice Golden.

Smile

And thanks.. That was Dakota, best damn dog that ever peed on a tire. He was huge for a GR, 105lbs at his peak, and not a bit overweight. We lost him almost 3 years ago now, he was 14. We still have Maggie, our rescue, she just turned 13, and the pup Micah is an Irish Setter..

Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
RandyB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RandyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2015 at 11:46pm
Buddy is 103 some blood from Gold Rush Charley ..... 
RandyB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic