r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

mattress replacement for 179

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pmorris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mattress replacement for 179
    Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 4:42pm

I was wondering if anyone can advise me about a replacement mattress for my 179. I found a really nice mattress on amazon .great ratings, it is one of the memory foam types. the size is 75x60x10 I noticed the forest river specs on the 179 are 74x60 size. one inch longer. the company tells we the one inch won't matter. its one of those you put it on the platform and then release the binding,and wait for it to take its shape. Any thoughts on this? has anyone done this with there 179

Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 10:15am
I have a 2015 179 and bought a Denver mattress from camper world.  It's a innerspring and not very thick but a great improvement over what came with the unit.  The 1 inch length won't make any difference at all.  The foam mattress should work fine for you.  I would not recommend the Denver.  Others will have different opinions.  I stayed in my camper over 30 nights and just got back from 10 day trip.  The 179 is great!  I had a 171 for 5 years and traded up this year.

Lark F-150 R-179
Lark
Pmorris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pmorris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 10:45am
Thank you. The length of the 179 is 74 inches. But a lot of the memory foam are 75 inches long. How long was the Denver mattress you put in. I have ask a couple sellers that said the 1 inch extra would cause a problem
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 7:56pm
Hello

I would not worry about the I inch.  It will fit snug but no problem

Lark  2015 r 179
Lark
Don & Teena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don & Teena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 8:05pm
We bought a 3" memory foam pad and had it cut to fit for our 2015 179. We put it right on top of the stock mattress (junk) and it works great. We went out in July for twelve days and I came through that great. Tenting with my cot my back is screaming and I'm ready to go home after two or three days!
One thing with or without the foam, changing the bedding is a chore!
We went for days a week ago into the El Dorado National Forest out of Georgetown CA; I'm ready to go again! I love my 179!

Here's our 179 in July at Medicine Lake, Northen CA
Don & Teena
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic