r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slide outs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slide outs
    Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 11:46am
I've been trying to find out more about how the slide outs operate.  My dealer really hasn't answered my questions.  I found a slide out motor controller under the refrigerater on my 179, so there must be 2 motors.  Where are they located?  Can the slide out be brought back in manually?   I like to know how every system works.    Maybe I'll check out the web site of the company that makes the slide out system.

Lark F 150 R179
Lark
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 12:30pm
Well,  I went to the website and found several helpful videos on the Schwintek slide out system.  Yes, you can disengage the motors and slide it in.  The motors are located above the top rack on each side and have a screw that can be removed to slide the motor up.  In order to prevent the slide out from going out after doing this you will need a block inside the RV on the top of the slide to keep it in.  Go to WWW.LCIL.COM  Lippert Co. and check out the videos on the Schwintek slide system or go to http://.wn.com   It also has videos on lubing and syncing the system.  You can also over ride the control to get it back in if there is a fault. The videos are very good.  Hope this will be helpful
Lark  F 150 R 179 
Lark
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 12:41pm
The correct website address is    www.LCI1.com   

Lark
Lark
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 9:42am
One thing to remember, only the 179 and 183G, as of this posting, use the schwintek slide.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic