r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Loose metal part found on floor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taylorml1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loose metal part found on floor
    Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 1:46am
I recently purchased a 2013 Rpod 176 and the last time out camping I discovered a small metal clamp/bracket on the floor just underneath the slide out kitchen cabinet.  Its a c-shaped piece of aluminum that has a large set screw to clamp down with, its about 1 1/4 inch long and 3/4 inch wide.

I have removed the panels on the bottom of the kitchen cabinet and inspected the area to see if i could find any clear place it belongs but did not find anything.  I am hoping someone might recognize it and maybe take a picture of their trailer showing its proper location.

Thanks in advance to anyone that might be able to help.

-Mark

furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 11:01am
It's the travel stop for your slide out.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
taylorml1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taylorml1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 7:56pm
This is what i suspected.  Is there an endstop for both ends? I I have been looking along the main track to see where it might go cannot find a spot that looks like where the set screw was (scratches or circular marks) or a second endstop.

I realize it might not be convenient but if someone has a picture of the where this goes that would be awesome.

I will keep doing some investigating and also see if I can find the manufacture of the slide out, again it is for a 2013 model 176, if someone knows the slide manufacturer then i might be able to find more information on the setup and location of the endstop. 
taylorml1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taylorml1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 11:13pm
I found the location for the endstop and took some pictures in case this comes up for someone else.

The endstop goes on the inside and provides a stop when the slide out is being moved out.  The best way to access the endstop is to move the slide out halfway out, this way you can get down on the floor and still have access.

Attached are two pictures, one shows the track and how the set screw slowly moved from its original location. the second is the general location of the endstop.

Hope this helps.
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 9:16am
Good work, someday the collective will need these pictures.
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron_whitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 7:38am
Great work. Didn't know that was there... Now to remember if I ever see this piece...   
Ron & Shirley W
2007 FJ Cruiser
2012 177.. "EHHH" R Pod" its a canadian thing..
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 5:41pm
Over the years, there have been 3-4 reports of them showing up.
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic