r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-179 Rear Window

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 2:23pm
I had this issue with my fixed rear window, mostly I think because the windows are meant to be used on a vertical surface. I used a small file to enlarge the weep holes as much as possible and give them a slight angle to help the water escape. That seemed to solve the problem for me.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Don & Teena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don & Teena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2016 at 7:41pm
I did that to the weep hole on the slider side, helped but didn't solve the problem and I didn't want to worry about the weep getting blocked by dirt etc.
The window just has too much of an angle to discharge any water build up to the exterior before it enters the trailer.
I am glad I waterproofed the wood sub-sill under the window. If I ever have to remove any of the other windows I'll do the same to those.
A buddy mine who has a High-Low showed me a photo of his trailer. It has a radiused  window with two small fixed side panels and a Jalousie section between, If I can find who makes those that may be the way to go.
Don & Teena
PapaPaws View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PapaPaws Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 8:21pm
Thanks, was about ready to order one, but I guess I'll wait. I can just hear the screeming if it leaked. Mama Paws would not be a happy camper.Ouch
Papa Paws
Mama Paws
Cody & Max our German Sheperds
pchansmeyer66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pchansmeyer66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 5:18pm
Hello, my wife and I purchased a new 179 and I am looking at all these different mods people have done to there Rpod. I really like this window change out you did. We haven't taken delivery yet as it is in transit, however I would like to get a jump on what mods I want to do. By chance do you still know the rough-in size for the window? I would like to get one ordered as soon as possible. Transit to Alaska isn't always the quickest.

Thanks,
Paul Hansmeyer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic