r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Break away brake connection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallystirring Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Break away brake connection
    Posted: 24 May 2015 at 6:07pm
Hi, everyone! Starting out another camping season with our trusty Peapod! We noticed when we got out 'pod out of storage today that the light on the "brake box" that was installed in our towing vehicle when we got our 'pod has stopped lighting up when we step on the brakes. Any ideas why? What is going to happen to our beloved 'pod if it's not lighting up? Obviously, I'm clueless about the ins and outs of this mysterious connection. Is it just for brake tension, or is it connected to the breakaway brakes? Help meeeeeeeee, please.........
(My husband claims that the 'pod is "mine" whenever something isn't working right)!
Thanks!
Connie
Connie, David, and the Peapod
Rpod 177 owners since 2011
Tomcamper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomcamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 7:12pm
Hi Connie. That is the pod's electric break controller. It should be lit all the time and changes color when you brake. If that is not happening you may not have breaking for the pod. Is your connection between tow vehicle and pod solid? Are the connectors oxidized and not having good contact; may have to clean. More likely you may have to do an adjustment on the controller itself; you will need to go to the controller instructions for this one; hopefully you kept them. Hope this helps. Tomcamper
Tomcamper
2016 4runner
Dreampod 177

06 GMC Envoy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic