r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uneven ware on tire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uneven ware on tire
    Posted: 13 May 2015 at 11:50pm
I noticed on my door side of pod that the tire is wearing uneven on inside and outside. Little wear on middle of tire. I keep 50 pounds of pressure as tire says faithfully but tire is showing serious wear. Anybody else have issues or suggestions?
Road Warrior View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 12:21am
Wondering if anybody has ever had the sign of wear on part of the tires? Not sure what Trailering is but heard that word on the Alcan this past week
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 11:05am
It could be a tracking issue, have you measured the axle position to make sure it's running straight?

The only other thing I could think of would be the brake controller set to tight, and maybe it's only braking on one side?
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Lark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 8:33am
After taking delivery on my 179, I noticed that the cabin appeared out of line as I looked back in the mirror.  I did some measurements and found the axle was out of alignment.  I took it back to the dealer and they adjusted it.  The dealer installed the factory lift blocks and there is some play in the holes.  If you still have problems, take it to a alignment shop and have everything measured and checked out.  Dealers should have a laser tool for a correct measure.  I'm sure this issue comes up with many RV's'

Lark F-150 R 179
Lark
Road Warrior View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Road Warrior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 5:41pm
Thank You very much. I did find that I had a bad tire from factory, so hoping that is the issue. I am gonna have to wait until I get back to the lower 48 in the fall. Alaska doesn't have a great place to look at it. Hope you have a Great 4th. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic