r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Television Arm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacqueandsusan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Television Arm
    Posted: 02 Feb 2015 at 12:04pm

We recently changed televisions to this http://www.bestbuy.com/…/insignia-24-class-24-di…/2799034.p… so we can watch tv while on DC power.

But it appears that it would fit better if the extension arm would bend in the middle. Any recommendations?

MandB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MandB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 7:29pm
I bought this and mounted it to the cabinet. 

I don't think I paid much more than half that. The current price is excessive. 

I put a screw eye through the cabinet for looping a bungee cable to secure the TV when traveling. I think our TV is of a similar size and there is enough weight to loosen the clamps with vibration. I don't want the TV to come crashing through a window. If you are interested, I'll take a picture of it. I also put in a Sony Blue Ray player with WIFI capability. I can tether it to my phone and watch Netflix, Amazon Hulu Plus, etc., listen to music or watch a Redbox Blue Ray or DVD. 

Edit: I checked my purchases and did pay 48 bucks for this, which amazes me. I guess I thought it would work and was worth it. Been using it for 2 1/2 years and it has been great. Can't complain. 
jacqueandsusan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacqueandsusan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2015 at 11:31pm
Interesting, what type pod do you have?

MandB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MandB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 6:28am
2010 172
MandB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MandB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 7:05am
I am going to re-post that link to the Amazon product because somehow the first one I posted got changed to something else from eBay. I will not use an actual hyperlink this time, so you will have to copy and paste
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009VQ70/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_40

Edit: Now the link link works... weird

jacqueandsusan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacqueandsusan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 10:39am
Ha!  Thanks for the info.

Jan Herron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jan Herron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 11:29am
http://www.amazon.com/Jensen-MAF20-Wall-Mounting-Bracket/dp/B003XIYTF8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1429543662&sr=8-4&keywords=jenson+mounting+bracket+for+tv
This is similar to what I got. Works great
Jannie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic