r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > RpodNation Downtime and Maintenance > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

refrigerator outside vent covers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy2good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: refrigerator outside vent covers
    Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:35pm
My Sweetie and I picked up our R-Pod 178 which we named "Lily Pad" on Saturday and after we got her home I found two plastic covers that according to the manual I have are to be used to cover outside vents during winter time.  My question is since we do plan using our RV all year long, can the refrigerator be used if these covers are on the vents?  Question 2, can air during windy conditions outside be felt inside when the outside vents are not covered?  Just wondering?    Geek
Twice Retired and now I and my Sweetie are off to see the sights.
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 9:36am
Would probably need to see a picture of these covers.  Never heard of owners getting covers for their fridge vents ever.
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 10:30am
The fridge doesn't come with covers, but here's some info on them:

http://www2.dometic.com/enuk/Europe/United-Kingdom/News/Fridge-vents-and-winter-covers/

The seal at the bottom of my fridge was pretty poor. I didn't really feel any air but it was letting bugs in.

.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Poppy2good View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poppy2good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 4:10pm
I will try to get a picture for you (KYMooses) to see.  Again, in the veggie bin along with the ice tray, were to plastic pieces which according to the instruction manual looked like the vents winter covers. The manual explained the mounting of them, but didn't discuss or say whether or not the Frig could be used with the covers in place.  Thanks HuronSailor and KYMooses for the added information.  LOL

FYI hope to be on the road to somewhere within the next 48 hours if weather permits with "Lily Pad" on her first trip.
Twice Retired and now I and my Sweetie are off to see the sights.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic