r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PoodlePod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tires
    Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 3:58pm
has anyone ever used a tire pump to add air to tires- is it really 50 psi???
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron_whitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2014 at 4:24pm
If you mean a portable air compressor, yes I have. If you mean a bicycle pump, that might take a bit of work. As for the pressure in the tires. If you look at the stickers ( I kinda forget which one.) Our pod is in storage til spring so can't check for you. The factory recommends 50lb in the tires. Also before each trip I'd check the torque on the lug nuts just to be sure. I believe the torque setting for the lug nuts is to be 100ft/lb.
Ron & Shirley W
2007 FJ Cruiser
2012 177.. "EHHH" R Pod" its a canadian thing..
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 2:01pm
Yes, it's REALLY 50 pounds per square inch. Yes, it could be done with a bicycle floor pump. It's about volume, and the tires have a LOT of volume compared to the barrel of the pump. So it will take a lot of "pumps". Any decent floor pump will do 50psi.

I have one that will do 300psi, and another, though not for bicycle tires, that will do 3000psi.
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic