r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WINTERIZING A 182G

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kycurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WINTERIZING A 182G
    Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 5:50am
Need help as to ,how do i get antifreeze into system on a 182g.
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:27am
Check out the R-Pod Spotter Youtube Channel and this link.

Your water heater should be in your dinette benches and your water pump is either there also or under your slideout panels.  At the bottom there are 2 panels with 4 screws in them.

You can flip your water pump on though and hear where it is so you don't have to search.

kycurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kycurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 3:42pm
I know where the water pump is,do i have to disconnect the hose on the pump to suck the antifreeze into the system?
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by kycurry kycurry wrote:

I know where the water pump is,do i have to disconnect the hose on the pump to suck the antifreeze into the system?

That will depend on whether yours has a hose tied into the system already with a bypass valve or if your is a separate hose.

If a separate hose you will have a quick connect fitting where your fresh water tank connects to the pump.  You'll disconnect there and add the accessory hose in it's place to create a spot for you to pull in antifreeze into your pump and then into your lines.

If yours is built in you will have an extra hose piece leading nowhere with a valve that you will switch over to then draw in the antifreeze like mine in that video link I provided.
kycurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kycurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 3:24am
Thanks Travis,haven't seen any extra hoses or any with a quick connect .I'll get in our nanny-paw pod this morning and look again.thanks again.
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 6:21am
Originally posted by kycurry kycurry wrote:

Thanks Travis,haven't seen any extra hoses or any with a quick connect .I'll get in our nanny-paw pod this morning and look again.thanks again.

Absolutely!  The hoses if you have that type where it's a quick disconnect are often hidden in any number of holes or storage spaces of your Pod.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic