r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

humidity 35% in floor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denispare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: humidity 35% in floor
    Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 8:05pm
Well, here is my 2012 R-Pod is back. Manufacturer Forest River redid the floor and handed the Roulote A1 nine. But his arrival in Quebec Chaudière Caravan floor indicated humidity of 35% on an indicator in decimal. Then recommends the Forest River go inside for what dryers.
In your opinion, is this normal moisture a floor redone!
Thank you, the attention paid to me.
Denis pare
R-Pod Quebec.(facebook
denis paré
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 9:09am
As was said on facebook, you are not testing humidity, you are testing the moisture content of a face frame on the cabinets, which have an oil stain applied, they will always test high because the stain allows electron flow, which is how that type of moisture meter works. This is a non-issue.

What is the relative humidity inside the pod? I assume you are worried about mold and or mildew..? RH is what is important, not the incorrectly measured moisture content of the wood itself. Use a hygrometer and make sure the RH is not to far off from the outside RH..
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic