r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-pod pricing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tusten Traveler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 5:59pm
They wanted a $500 deposit to order exactly what we wanted and that can be placed on a credit card which makes it safe. Couch's will accept up to $2000 on a credit card.

We picked ours up and paid the maximum we could on a credit card (to get air miles) and paid the rest with secured funds. Don't know how it works if you are going to have them deliver.

I will tell you they are extremely easy to work with and the gal who does the financing/financial stuff (can't recall her name) was very personable and accessible for multiple questions.
John and Linda
One 14 lb Cockapoo
2010 RPod 174
NY r-pod'r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NY r-pod'r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 6:12pm
I thought about having it delivered ... they just ask for the $500 deposit (refundable) ... prior to it leaving their building it has to be paid for in full. The delivery company has insurance on it until you get it and accept it. Then is it yours. I looked and could not find any bad reference or issues with them delivering a camper long distance... they said they ship as many as 50 campers out of state every month...
nucamper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nucamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2009 at 4:25pm
Thanks! Your comments have made me much more comfortable about this transaction!

Big smile
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2009 at 4:15am
I agree with this.  I went to the Couch site yesterday and asked for a quote.  My answer was in my email box within 10 minutes.  Doug sent me quotes for ALL of the R Pods although I had only asked for the 172.
We are seriously considering them since the local dealer is asking $3000 more for the 172. Smile
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Bakes99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 9:12am
In the process of trying to get one here in BC.  In contact with 3 dealers here now.  Would love to know if the price I'm being quoted is competitive here in BC.  Doesn't seem as if the price goes down at all in the off season.  If anyone has any experience with purchasing in British Columbia, Canada, Chime in please.
Thanks
tsunami View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsunami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 2:55pm
Got a reply from Couch's on pricing in only thirty minutes after emailing them!
Because winter is coming to the upper Midwest this weekend...Couch's stated
that they would provide free storage until April if the unit were paid for now.
I am 900 miles from couch's but my local dealer wants nearly the MSRP price
plus shipping charge.  Thinking about taking an early spring trip to Ohio!
tsunami
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by tsunami tsunami wrote:

Got a reply from Couch's on pricing in only thirty minutes after emailing them!
Because winter is coming to the upper Midwest this weekend...Couch's stated
that they would provide free storage until April if the unit were paid for now.
I am 900 miles from couch's but my local dealer wants nearly the MSRP price
plus shipping charge.  Thinking about taking an early spring trip to Ohio!

If you are looking to save some miles might want to check out Country campers in Lake Mills, WI.   It seems quite a few poddies on here got theirs from there are good prices, and it appears to be a bit closer to you.
Saskpodders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saskpodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 6:14am
Bakes99 - Here is a site in Saskatoon, SK with some prices.  (http://lardners.com/)
Saskpodders - '10 RP171
06 Chevy Silverado 5.3 V8
"Land of Living Skies"
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Bakes99 Bakes99 wrote:

In the process of trying to get one here in BC.  In contact with 3 dealers here now.  Would love to know if the price I'm being quoted is competitive here in BC.  Doesn't seem as if the price goes down at all in the off season.  If anyone has any experience with purchasing in British Columbia, Canada, Chime in please.
Thanks

Bakes99,

I don't live in BC but bit to the south of you in Washington state.    The transportation costs the dealers pay to get a trailer to the NW runs in the $1500-$2200 range depending on how they transport it.    Most all dealers pay the same for the base trailer, you see differences in dealer cost across the continent mainly based on transportation costs and overheads.   Older dealerships in theory have less overhead.
The advertised prices don't always go down in the off season, but what dealers will accept as an offer often goes down during the off season and often a bit more at the end of the month if their sales figures have been down.
   Take a look at the prices at dealerships in the midwest and what others are paying and add maybe $2k to that, and I would assume that would be in the range of what you should expect to pay for a trailer in the NW.    I wouldn't pay the $18k I have seen NW dealers and Canadian dealers list as their "sale price".
   The thing to remember is that dealers will almost never give you the "best price for you" over the phone, or over the internet.   As at that point you are a prospect, and not a sale.    They will give you the "best price for them" which is the price they think they can get you into the dealership and what you might pay based on what other options you might want.
    Never let the dealer tell you what they are going to sell you to trailer for, you should be telling them what you are going to pay.   Do your homework, figure out what you think is reasonable based on where you are.   Find a dealership with the one you want in stock, and walk in with your down payment/load application in hand and tell them what you are ready to pay and that you are looking to take home a trailer today.    If within 20minutes you haven't gotten to your price, just leave.   Its after all your money.   
    For example in washington state, the 4 dealers I know of where all advertising a fully loaded 2010 172 for $16999->17999 "onsale", but was able to pick up mine for a little over $13.5 with a bunch of other stuff included.   It just took several attempts with different sales people and different dealerships, untill I found the one who really wanted to actually make a sale.   I walked out of one dealership twice, and came back.   Each time I came back dealer came down a bit more.   The important thing it to remember to yourself that you 'want' to buy the trailer today but you don't 'need' to.   The dealership is betting on your emotional 'need' to have a trailer today when they are trying to negotiate the price.   If you don't walk in that door with that 'need' then the dealership has lost most of its power over you.

Everyone has there own opinions of how to buy a car or an RV, the above is just my humble opinion based on personal experience and advise from all the car salesmen that seem to be in my family. :)  

Bakes99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 2:33pm
Will take that advice with me,  Thank you.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic