r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-pod pricing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rpodluvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 5:32am
Duh! Must have been having a "blond moment".   

Pam
Phil H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2009 at 2:54am
I noticed Couch's have taken the selling prices off their website AGAIN!! Cry
MaltnHops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaltnHops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 11:59am
Roxy,

Where did you buy yours from and what did you pay?  I'm going to be buying one in October or November.
techntrek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techntrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Phil H Phil H wrote:

I noticed Couch's have taken the selling prices off their website AGAIN!! Cry

I checked after you posted that and it was up, I wonder how often they take it down every day?  Confused
'10 Forest River R-pod 171
retired Roxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote retired Roxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 2:14pm
I bought mine (172) from giant RV in Murrieta. I had called a dealership in Texas and had a price quote of 13,500 with the dome shade and all extras included.   I called couches and they quoted me $500 less but shipping would eat that up plus additional shipping costs.

I went to Giant RV near Ontario and they said they couldn't meet the price.,
I went to Murietta and they agreed to meet it. I also bought the cover for $300.00 which is the price quote from texas. It included shipping Then I had to add CA taxes and license fees. Out the door was $15,000 plus. I would have to look at my receipt. I charged it and then paid off my bill so I had the brownie points on my credit card.

I haven't used mine yet as it is getting 'modified' to fit my dog and me. Plus I am still buying all of the goodies needed to outfit it.

Good luck on your purchase.
MaltnHops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaltnHops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by retired Roxy retired Roxy wrote:

I bought mine (172) from giant RV in Murrieta. I had called a dealership in Texas and had a price quote of 13,500 with the dome shade and all extras included.   I called couches and they quoted me $500 less but shipping would eat that up plus additional shipping costs.

I went to Murietta and they agreed to meet it. I also bought the cover for $300.00 which is the price quote from texas. It included shipping Then I had to add CA taxes and license fees. Out the door was $15,000 plus. I would have to look at my receipt. I charged it and then paid off my bill so I had the brownie points on my credit card.

I haven't used mine yet as it is getting 'modified' to fit my dog and me. Plus I am still buying all of the goodies needed to outfit it.

Interesting.  I never thought about charging it to a card.  If you do that, can you still write off the interest as a second home?
Empty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Empty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2009 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by MaltnHops MaltnHops wrote:

Originally posted by retired Roxy retired Roxy wrote:

Interesting.  I never thought about charging it to a card.  If you do that, can you still write off the interest as a second home?

I did the same thing to get the sky miles.  I could borrow someone else's money for a month with no interest.
Mike, Kim and Kane (ARF!)
2010 172
'03 Honda Odyssey
Maryjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 4:47am
I got my 173 at a dealership in Texas. I saw Couches price on the internet and took the information to the dealer close to where I live. He matched the price, plus all the extras thrown in including the Dome. Of course I still had to pay shipping, but I think I got a good deal at 13,499.

FoxyPod (Maryjo)2010 R-Pod 173 Tow Vehicle:2004 Expedition
rpodmania View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpodmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 2:27pm
I cant believe the pricing your getting in the U.S
Im in Canada and you would be shocked to know how much we paid for ours.
Im almost feeling a little ripped off after reading this thread.Cry
2010 171
Ford f-150 5.4L
nucamper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nucamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2009 at 4:53pm
We have contacted Couches about ordering an R 177. The price was great. Don't know exactly how the financing works. Do you make a deposit and pay balance upon delivery? Sending this much money to a stranger several hundred miles away is a little scary!

Would appreciate feedback on your experience.

Thanks!Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic