r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-pod pricing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 7:06pm
I Hope dealers don't read this site.  Going into the dealer this weekend.  Really like to buy from these guys b/c of the location, especially in regards to warranty work, but they are more expensive then anywhere else in the province, probably in Canada.  Otherwise I have  to go along way and probably spend the extra money in travel costs and ferries to order it elsewhere, Where I could easily save a couple of grand. Kind of a no win situation.  My hands are somewhat tied if I want this unit.  Guess I don't have a question, just venting.
campyman1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campyman1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2009 at 4:27pm
Hey All:  I have my 171 for sale for $11,000.  Used 12 times so still in mint condition with that 'new camper' smell still there.  We live near Appleton Wisconsin.  Post reply if interested.Smile
Get out there.
Bakes99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 3:03pm
Put an offer of 20,000 all in at the dealer.  Lowest they would go is 21000 Canadian.  Axle risers, awning and a/c only.  No other options.  Good deal or not?
Mamajomba View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mamajomba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 3:34pm
Others may pay less, some may even pay more.  IMO, whether or not you get a good deal depends upon you.  If you think the r-pod you are buying is worth what you have to pay then you're getting a good deal.  That's how I've looked at it.  I could have taken about 5 days off, spent $$$ on travel to pay $13K+ at Couch's, but I thought dealing with a local dealer and not having to take off and travel was worth paying the higher price I ended up agreeing to.  Good luck in finding an r-pod at the price that is right for you.
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Bakes99 Bakes99 wrote:

Put an offer of 20,000 all in at the dealer.  Lowest they would go is 21000 Canadian.  Axle risers, awning and a/c only.  No other options.  Good deal or not?
My personal opinion that is way high.   MSRP around $20000 for R-pod's, I know some people have paid that but still seems excessive.    Did dealer give you an itemized quote?   Did he happen to list destination fees?   Trying to figure out why dealer has them so high.   Dealers in Saskatchewan are advertising fully loaded 172's for 17000 (don't know which model you are looking at) and I can't seem to think that the destination/transportation fees are that higher to get trailers to BC dealers.  You in northern or southern BC?
PodPatrol View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 6:18pm
We are purchasing at Couch's because of the great price, which includes all options, and we have heard great things about their store and their people. We are purchasing the 177 for under 14,000 US. Its a 5hr or so drive from us. Perhaps when towing it will be somewhat longer. If there are any "Major" malfunctions, or Factory recalls, or bullentins, then we will travel back to OH and deal with it.(as long as we're not burning up bearings every 50 miles). Id rather travel the 5 or so hours it takes to get there, and deal with a reputable dealer, than spend the extra 5plusThousand $, purchase locally, and get questionable service.
If you have a dealer you trust/like, then it may be to your advantage to buy locally.
No Harm In That !!!

The dealers here are questionable, and they still require a drive to get there. Not 5 hours, but a few at least.
Like mentioned before, its all about how you feel about the deal your getting.

An advantage to one, might be a disadvantage to another.

HAPPY PODing !!!
Bakes99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 7:40pm
I'm surprised with the recession that dealers would not compete for my business a little more.  Hard to hear everyone getting great deals in the US and even in Canada, but for some reason, here in the West, I have to give my right arm.  
TO ANY DEALERS, I will gladly pay 20,000 dollars Canadian, all in, for an RPOD 172, (No entertainment unit or micro)  
Getting desperate and whiney
gepaine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gepaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 7:56pm
Bakes99,

Would the Seattle area be too far for you to travel to make a purchase? In July 2009 I bought a 2010 RP-175 with all options except the the axle risers. I paid $17,000 US plus sales tax at Poulsbo RV in Mt. Vernon, WA.
Gene & Linda - 2007 Escalade - 24-Foot Keystone Cougar TT- Life is not just about gas mileage!
gmandual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmandual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 8:02pm
Bakes99,

Not sure where you are in BC, but here are some forest river dealers in BC that carry rpod's.
Bakes99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakes99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by gmandual gmandual wrote:

Bakes99,

Not sure where you are in BC, but here are some forest river dealers in BC that carry rpod's.

Let's put it this way, it won't be Trianglerv.  I would rather pay the extra travel costs and deal with the 2nd two.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic