r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clogged toilet drain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clogged toilet drain
    Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 10:57pm
Has anyone else had any problem with clogs in the line running from the toilet to the black water tank on the 182G? We make sure there is water in the tank before use and use only RV approved tissue, yet we've still had two episodes of clogging. We use a lot of water when flushing, so I am at a loss for what is causing it other than the fact that the pipe makes an angle turn before emptying into the tank. This is the first rig I've had that didn't have a straight run into the tank.
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 9:25am
More fiber in your camping diet?

If you have had other RV's.. my guess is you know how to use the thing properly.. Smile

Could try flushing some water first, then doing your buisness, then flushing again, to kind of lube the turn so to speak.. I do know my mom and dad's class C has a weird turn that causes them problems every now and again.. he carries a special piece of hose he made up for pushing/flushing when needed.. Confused
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 6:09am
I don't have an answer to your question. But it is so good to "see" you again. I had thought you had migrated away from the pod, but it appears you have in fact traded yours in for a 182G. When did that happen? I've missed the Texas group on the boards. Don't be a stranger.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic