r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > RpodNation Downtime and Maintenance > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2013 182G Air Conditioner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maggiejmoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2013 182G Air Conditioner
    Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 4:34pm
It worked great when I first turned it on. I was plugged in to the house outdoor outlet, it cooled the pod nicely though loudly. I came out an hour later to find it not running and the pod was like an oven. What'd I do wrong? I can't get it to come on again.
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 4:49pm
Check the breaker for that circuit in your home circuit breaker panel to see if it's tripped.

If the circuit is 15 or 20 amps, you probably won't be able to run your A/C on that circuit.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
maggiejmoose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maggiejmoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 4:53pm
I'll go down and check, but the thermostat display lights are on.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maggiejmoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 7:44pm
So it was the hour breaker that blew. Does the fan need 30/50 amps?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maggiejmoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 7:45pm
*house* breaker  sheesh
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by maggiejmoose maggiejmoose wrote:

So it was the hour breaker that blew. Does the fan need 30/50 amps?

Depends on what all else you have running.  I can run my AC at home on a 15amps from the garage and the fridge when we cool it down for trips.

But 30amp would be good if you have that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maggiejmoose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 7:58pm
so i might could cool it down if i make sure all else is off? i wish i understood all of this stuff, travis.

cindy
Sleepless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013 at 11:10pm
Make sure the electric element in the hot water tank and/or the microwave is not turned on.  My A/C runs fine on a 20 amp circuit as long as these are not on.

Bob
2014 R-Pod 178 (OUR POD}
2009 Chevrolet Avalanche
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by maggiejmoose maggiejmoose wrote:

so i might could cool it down if i make sure all else is off? i wish i understood all of this stuff, travis.

cindy

yes without any other appliances on and nothing else plugged in the house that is on that same breaker it should run fine.  

i'm able to run my ac and the pod fridge on the 20amp in my garage, but i have nothing else in the garage using that set of outlets.  

i know for example if my wife goes to vacuum inside the pod she has to turn off the AC or it will trip the breakers in the house.

so yes, the AC should have no issue running and staying cool.  it may be hard for you to know what else inside you home is running on the same breaker though if you aren't familiar with it.  so you still may experience a problem depending on which set of house breakers you are utilizing.

furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 12:41pm
Yep, as stated above, the house circuit should run the a/c ok, but not much else. make sure nothing else in the house on that circuit, or, in the pod, is turned on if you can help it.. If you are also pre cooling the fridge, put it on gas..

Also, make sure you are using a GOOD extension cord. Best would be the standard Pod power cord with just the prong adapter. (which is what it sounds like you are doing, but if not...)
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic