r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > RpodNation Downtime and Maintenance > Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help sink water not flowing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondGrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help sink water not flowing
    Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 8:18pm
I have a 172 and thought I had the dewinterization done.  I can't get water out of taps on main kitchen sink but I do have water flowing in washroom.  Opened access panel to pump to see if valve is turned off but it seems fine.  Hot water tank filled fine.  When I open tap to kitchen sink,pump does not turn on.

Is there some other valve I'm missing?
2012 R Pod 172
dockguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 8:43pm
Turn on all lines on your hot water heater. You should have the vales running parallel on the lines of the hot water heater for the water through all of your lines. Check the forum photos under water heaters to get a picture. hope this helps.

Dockguy
2011Rpod 171
2005 toyota tundra
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 9:00pm
Unscrew the aerator at the end of your faucet and make sure it's not clogged.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
DiamondGrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondGrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 9:02pm
Wouldn't the pump come on to draw water even if it is clogged

2012 R Pod 172
ron_whitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron_whitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 11:42pm
No it won't come on, if that is the only tap that is on, because no water is being drawn from tank. I've had my pod for 1 1/2yr. and just this year I had to clean my aerator for the first time. We had very little pressure in kitchen sink. So that is first thing to check if little or no water pressure, no matter how long you've had your pod. good luck.
Ron & Shirley W
2007 FJ Cruiser
2012 177.. "EHHH" R Pod" its a canadian thing..
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 8:31am
Some folks have reported that their aerator was clogged up with debris from construction when their pod was brand new.

Anyway, it's easy enough to check just to eliminate it as a possible problem.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
DiamondGrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondGrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2013 at 5:09am
You are correct.  It was the aerator.  Thank you, problem solved.
2012 R Pod 172
Hitman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2014 at 7:47pm
I had the same issue with a brand new RP179...I unscrewed the aerator at the end of the faucet head and ran water through the system to flush. I also noticed that they had four (4) screens and a plastic regulator installed in the head, so i pulled the regulator out along with two (2) screens and I now have great flow.

BTW ....I do plan to install a water filter in the system, for purity.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic