r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > RpodNation Downtime and Maintenance > Forum Move
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

microwave convection recipes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 21grandma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: microwave convection recipes
    Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 2:55pm
Never used a convection oven before. Any one know of a good book to explain how to use it and some recipes. Do you have to use different recipes or can I use some such as roast chicken, etc. Can you toast in it or should I get a toaster. Husband has to have his toast every morning!
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 11:40am
3rd season and we still haven't mastered a perfect piece of toast, but then again my DW isn't a very good cook.

We use all the same recipes we use at home, just monitor them for doneness. 
Thinker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 7:31am
The microwave part is the same as home microwaves. Great hot dog warmer but not good for cooking meat.

Veggies steam well in a covered container, eggs and cheese cook will for a quick breakfast (scramble the egg or the yolk may explode).

Potatoes bake well in microwave... prick with knife, don't use foil.

Convection Oven -------

This oven does two things.. heats up, and circulates air with a fan.
This usually results in 20 - 25% reduction in cooking time.

Anything you can cook in home oven, cook in convection mode. Roast chicken, baked macaroni, baked potatoes, cookies, brownies, cakes, quiche, .......

But, I would never think of trying to make toast. I do mostly low carb now, but when I ate toast while camping, I did it in a skillet on the range. If you want it buttered, melt a pat of butter and put the bread in the pan, turn when toasted on the other side.

If your convection oven has a broil function that would work too. When I camp, I go to be in the outdoors, so I do most of my cooking outside.

For quick and easy, I travel with two items. An electric hot plate and an electric grill. A little table outside the pod holds the items and gets it done.

When I want to show off and impress company, I use Dutch ovens with charcoal and make Louisiana Creole dishes like Jambalaya or Gumbo.

Other than that, I eat a salad...     
"The best is yet to come"
NorthStarPodders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorthStarPodders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 11:46pm
While camping last week I had time to experiment some with the convection oven. It has a grill function that you can use to grill just the top or both the top and bottom. My attempt at making toast by putting bread on an aluminum pie plate turned out nice, but it took about 8 mins.
2009 rPod 173
Dawg Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawg Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2013 at 2:13am
I've been experimenting a lot with our convection oven in the Dawg Pod and I just love it. The user manual was useless. I went online for some help and found these wonderful You Tube videos by a sweet lady named Janet Sadlack. She is an RVer but her videos feature her Sharp convection microwave in her kitchen. It is very similar to the High Pointe unit in our r Pod. She made four short videos which feature each of the main functions e.g. Microwave, grilling, convection baking and combination cooking. She explains which pans to use for each and gives lots of tips. She is very smart and the videos are clear and concise. Here is the link to the first video. Enjoy!
► 9:58► 9:58
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q-bJgKlVI0
Dec 4, 2008 - Uploaded by micro1conv
Cuisinart Convection Microwave Oven and Grill (CMW-200) Demo Videocuisinart 3,862 views ...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic