r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

177 mod: dining to living room + more

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 10:20pm
I made an awning for our pod using a lightweight nylon tarp Waterproof and breathable from Campmore and attach it using an old track we had from a canvas awning from a popup we had. I wanted something that was lighter weight and dried faster than the canvas. Not to mention how small I can fold it. 
we R-pod people
175 ,2 peeps and one small horse
CC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2012 at 10:04pm

Lighting a candle, not cursing the darkness
"The Pod Couple"
2011 RP-177
TV: 2010 F150
brianc1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianc1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 2:52am
Love this mod. I may be doing this this winter.  I do have a question. you are kind of vague on the measurements of and how that back board is built.  Can you clarify, I may just not be seing it. 
Thanks
CC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 11:30am

"The Pod Couple"
2011 RP-177
brianc1959 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianc1959 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 1:06pm
Thanks "Pod Couple" Like I said I love that modification....  I keep the table down and use the bed as a couch most of the time anyway, yours gives you tons of leg room as well...  I may just have to bite the bullet and do this.  I have a trip scheduled for October 18th to the Oregon coast so i will probably make this a winter project ;)  Thanks man, I love my pod.
CC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2012 at 11:50am

"The Pod Couple"
2011 RP-177
river rat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote river rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 7:00pm
DAMN just seeing all this makes me real glad i joined this site as will be picking up pod in Feb 2013
177-H.R.E any way just one qustion if i may how do you find the wood studs to put all this stuff on?
as im not a real good carpenter (in fact when i see wood i think its for the camp fire)
You no measure once cut several times then go get an other pice of wood start over.
talk about thinking out side of the pod YOU folks did an outstanding job.

ps. sure would hate like H#@% TO POKE A HOLE CLEAR THREW THE SIDE WALL.

dog
Footslogger03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footslogger03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 8:28pm
I just took some 2 x 8"s and cut them in 11-12" pieces. Work well under the stabilizers. Got a 12" piece of 8 x 8 cedar and use that under the hitch post.

'Slogger
anchor out View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anchor out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 3:17pm
GREAT JOB.
gnawbone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnawbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2012 at 12:11am
Originally posted by river rat river rat wrote:

DAMN just seeing all this makes me real glad i joined this site as will be picking up pod in Feb 2013
177-H.R.E any way just one qustion if i may how do you find the wood studs to put all this stuff on?
as im not a real good carpenter (in fact when i see wood i think its for the camp fire)
You no measure once cut several times then go get an other pice of wood start over.
talk about thinking out side of the pod YOU folks did an outstanding job.

ps. sure would hate like H#@% TO POKE A HOLE CLEAR THREW THE SIDE WALL.

CC----Wonderful piece of work, thanks for posting the project and measurements...BUT the question above from river rat still begs to be answered, if you please...fastening the wood.
This forum is soooo helpful and interesting. We have not purchased our R-Pod yet, we just got a Toyota Sienna and have to get it set up for towing before we find and buy one. Hoping to locate a 177 used. Hasn't happened yet.
Thanks to all
Buck Gilpin
Always be sincere, even if you don't mean it!
2016 R-180
2017 Toyota Tacoma
2004 Dodge 3500

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic