r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my recent r-pod factory tour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom and Carol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 12:47pm
Steve, I agree with you.  I haven't even done any mods and I'm still satisfied, so it can't be that bad.

Tom
Tom and Carol
R-Pod 177
2006 F-150
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 7:43am
From what I have seen on our new 2013 171 HRE many of the original manufacturing problems have been addressed.  Never will be perfect but I do believe that FR is sincerely interested in turning out a quality product.  The do read the forums and make additions and corrections as they are deemed necessary.  They have now hinged the bed platform and replaced a troublesome support stand for the dining table.  Seems that they do listen.  Whining and complaining doesn't further your concerns.  But pointing out to FR your needs and wants in a professional way goes a long way to them adjusting their product.  Do any of you like to be whined at?  In any event, I am very happy with our 171 and will continue to take it camping.  Safe Travels.
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
wbillar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbillar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:02am
I have added the new legs to my 2009 171 table, wow what a difference, it goes up and down with no hassle.  I'd be interested to know what the change is to the queen size bed platform.  
Bill
Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 11:05am

They added hinges to make it easier to lift.  Now, if they had put a finger hole to help lift it, it would be perfect.

Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:44pm
My hangar floor never looks like that. I deal with aircraft though, so safety is paramount. As far as being cheap, my FR product is not at all cheap, but it does have it's flaws. We've spent well over two months in it [to include three cross country trips] and it held up great thus far in a little over a year.

Nascar does have a great point - Safety is paramount!

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 11:24pm
While cleaning up the road dust from a 1200 mile trip from Florida, I realized how much I love my little Pod.  As others have pointed out, there have been little things that were not done quite right.  We have, however, been very pleased with it.  We had to put the risers on the bottom bunk of our 172 because it was too heavy for me to lift. Thank you Huron Sailor for the great directions.
Those of us, who have attended the Eastern rallies in the last two years, know that the people from Forest River are very interested in improving the Pod.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
kymooses View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kymooses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2012 at 8:16am
Originally posted by pepperpod pepperpod wrote:

While cleaning up the road dust from a 1200 mile trip from Florida, I realized how much I love my little Pod.  As others have pointed out, there have been little things that were not done quite right.  We have, however, been very pleased with it.  We had to put the risers on the bottom bunk of our 172 because it was too heavy for me to lift. Thank you Huron Sailor for the great directions.
Those of us, who have attended the Eastern rallies in the last two years, know that the people from Forest River are very interested in improving the Pod.

Yup, the amount of notes you saw Lionel and the others taking was proof that they were listening to all of us and wanted to make changes to the future Pods.

Not to mention some of the great tips they provided.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic