r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Adventures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

my recent r-pod factory tour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my recent r-pod factory tour
    Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 2:52pm
On Wednesday, April 25, 2012, I was treated to a tour of the r-pod facility in Goshen, Indiana by Kristin Griffin, and after two hours there I came away impressed.  To see how raw materials are transformed into an r-pod, by a relatively small number of highly skilled people, is amazing.  I am not the first forum member to get a look behind the scenes, and the only photo I took is below.  All I wanted to say is that I was treated like gold and was even given a set of decals to replace those that are peeling on my 171.

If there is one message I want to share with others here it is that they want you to be happy with your r-pod and will do anything and everything possible to make that happen.  They are on our side 100% and are doing what they reasonably can to resolve customer issues whether it's peeling decals or concern about lights.  If you have questions, contact them - don't whine and grouse and spout opinions disguised as facts.  Kristin's email address is kgriffin@forestriverinc.com - she would love to hear from you.

Camper Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:40pm
Wow.  Out here in Oregon they have an assembly plant in Dallas, OR.  We are scheduled to take a tour of that facility this coming Thursday as ours is being assembled. (Got our fingers crossed.)  My understanding is that the parts and assemblies are sent from Indiana to Oregon and then final assembled.  Will take some pics and post them if I can. 
Camper Bob and Camper Sue
Gracie the Wonder Dog (12 lb.) Mini Dachshund
2013 Rpod 171HRE (Pods-of-Luck)
2005 Chev. Tahoe
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:08pm
Nice to see the tongue jacks all have a nice wheel...too bad they remove them.
Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:18pm
One of the first items I bought to add to our yet to be delivered 171 is a Bal Jack with wheel.  It replaces the tongue jack and bolts onto the side of the front support.  Has a wheel attached and runs about $55.  Easier to roll into position at our home. 
2005 Chev. Tahoe
tedbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 10:42pm
Unless you have a tongue jack/wheel that swings up and locks in place, it won't work.  There is not enough clearance, even with the jack fully retracted, for a wheel - you will bottom out on even the smallest bumps in the road.  Furthermore, even the fattest wheel won't keep your r-pod from sinking into dirt and gravel, so wheels are only practical when you are on concrete or blacktop.  I tried a number of wheel experiments on my 171 when it was new, and none of them were practical.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:21am
The Bal jack does swing up and lock in place.  You might want to take a look at one of them.  Google it.  Better still, go to Autoparts Warehouse.  Look up Bal #29001 for $56.69 delivered.  This is the one you want. 
2005 Chev. Tahoe
furpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 10:51am
We have a wheel for the 'stream, it slides off for travel, same as the "foot" we use for the pod..
Mark, Susie, Micah, and The Maggie.
'11 RP177(sold) '17 Lance 2295FurPodsMods
'17 Ford F250 CCSB
Larry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 2:08pm

That is one reason why I had axle risers put on my pod; to lift the pod up and the added height helps when draining the tanks. I also put a new electric tongue jack with a wheel on my pod; now my jack does not scrape when I enter or leave a driveway. Without the axle risers sometimes the rear end of the pod would scrape as well.

P.S. There is also and R-Pod factory in Oregon, and I want to echo what tedbear said; because I met with people in the Oregon factory and they were very proud of their work and wanted owners of R-Pod’s to be proud as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Camper Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 7:25pm
We are scheduled to tour the plant in The Dalles, Oregon this Thursday and hopefully see our 171 being assembled.  Hope to take some pics and will post them if I can.  Safe Travels!!
2005 Chev. Tahoe
Racer|X| View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racer|X| Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 8:38pm
I have the swing up on my pontoon trailer....I just need to add it to the PackR-Pod.

X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic