r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Warranty, Service and Recall Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-pod Quality...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
billydkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billydkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R-pod Quality...
    Posted: 09 Jul 2009 at 11:10am
Eventhough I am truly disapointed that my camper has had serious concerns, Forest River has proven thier customer service commitment. After a long email explaining my concerns and disapointments, the Forest River management has decided to ship my camper back to the plant for any needed repairs.

This is an amazing example of a company caring about the customer after the sale. Although the camper should have never left the factory without a quality inspection, I am very thankful Susan and her team have agreed to do whatever they must to correct the issues.

I hate (my) camper has to be the one to test the level of service of Forest River; however, rest assured we have purchased from a very considerate and caring company.

Now best of luck to my little RPod as it returns home to get a tummy tuck Cry and cosmetic surgery, but I feel confident Forest River will make it right.

Thanks to all the staff at forest river for working with me and thank you to my dealer Bob Cox Camper Country for thier help.

I will let everyone know the outcomeWink
billydkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billydkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 4:41pm
I unfortunately am having troubles that are causing me heart aches. The only hope I have at this time is that Forest River makes it right. They have met my expectation at this mark but my forth of july camping trip was ruined by finding a reacuring water damage problem under the belly around corners and trim.  I originally posted to check the corners of your camper for exposed wood around trim. Now, the problem has extended past the corners and water is being traped along the entire back floor/trim on the belly. I can now push the trim and water will leak out and the floor is soft.

My camper was not constructed correctly and the corners at the seems are open and the trim work was not finished properly. This has resulted in much of my time with my Rpod being out of use and trips ruined.

After packing it up yesterday during a planned week trip and breaking my sons heart, I will be droping it back off at the dealer to try to stop water damage.

My son also was born with a Imune Deficency and is sick on a constant basis. He is four years old and to even get to go camping this weekend he allowed his doctor to give him a shot for his strep throat. We told him if he took the shot he would be better quicker and get to go. I bought a new camper because I could not afford to have a camper with water damage and mold.  

At this point, I am so discouraged and hurt by the troubles I am facing. Forest River is a GOOD company who appear to care about our concerns. They have shown concern and have been willing to stand behind the product. However, it is so difficult to have a finished product with these types of problems. This camper needs to go back to the plant and I want what I payed cash for........... A NEW camper that has been (quality assured) So many people stop to talk to me about the product and I want to have a camper I can be proud of............Ouch

I hope I will be posting wonderful comments on the development of my circumstances.
desertskyblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 6:43pm
Smile We just completed our 2nd trip in our 151. We took an 8-day trip through the red desert of Utah, Caliente, Nevada, up and over the high Sierra (Tioga Pass) and then on to Pismo Beach, California and back to Utah. We pulled it with our Jeep Rubicon. Again, all went well and we had no trouble pulling the "Little Guy!" Our r-pod hasn't had any of the trouble some have experienced. My only real complaint is the table. The braces have been bent since day one (probably bent when the dealership put the table up for the first time) and the edging on the table is loose. We will be asking the dealership to replace the table. Otherwise, we love camping and traveling in our r-pod. We even saw another r-pod camped in the same campground in Pismo Beach!

Suzette
desertskyblue
Mary & Don View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mary & Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 4:13am
Thanks for posting your concerns.  Don & I are picking up our unit tomorrow and will definitely look for these issues. 
Mary & Don
David and Danette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David and Danette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2009 at 3:40am
      We should try to do our best, and leave room for improvement. And not accept when things are wrong that this is normal. As far as dealer prep I recieved my camper with a number of things not right. Torn mattress, 3 out of 4 windows that were jammed and need to force to open or close, door hardware not fastened missing screws, rear window leaking water, water pump not working, a table with bent hinges that would collapse. Ouality control from the factory needs improvement and shouldn"t be accepted as normal.    David
SWFL   171
2010 Jeep Liberty
yizit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yizit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 7:29pm
We purchased our R-Pod from Horn's RV in Sheboygan, WI.  They did their job well.  We have not had any issues and they went over the trailer with us and answered all our questions.  They have been great to work with.  We were also told about the saw dust, etc that will show up while traveling.  I have no complaints about Forest River and the quality trailer they build.
Former owner of 2009 Rpod 172
Darlene & Jim, Ewok our Lhasa
Roada our 2004 Roadtrek 190P Conversion Van
admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2009 at 10:58am
I have seen some posts here concerning 'r-pod issues' that folks are having. Please remember the RV industry is not under the QA scrutiny that the auto industry has been. It is not at all uncommon for dealers to receive campers in from the manufacturer with saw dust on the floor, cabinet doors that don't align, microwaves needing adjustment, vents with Styrofoam in them (from being blown in as insulation), even back windows not sealed properly.

Forest River is one of the best manufacturers in the US and the r-pod is a great camper but a good dealer will generally spent about an hour with every r-pod testing everything and tightening up the camper for you. In the industry this is known as Dealer Prep and you should not be paying for it. A good dealer will see it as a part of their responsibility to make sure their customer does not get any r-pod that has not been tested..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic