r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shower

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OregonAggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shower
    Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 7:18pm
What is the best way/system to bath in the shower of the RPOD? I am picking up a 182G next week and this is a concern for the wife. Any suggestions or tricks appreciated.
Peggy L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2011 at 9:55pm
Since I just got done taking a shower in our pod, I feel qualified to answer that question. Make sure the curtain is completely closed or else it leaks around the bottom of the door. And have a sham wow available for wiping everything down afterward. After that it's your own personal preference. I stand up to take my shower. DH sits on the commode. Oddly our preferences have changed during our current trip. We used to make use of the campground showers, but now are more comfortable in the pod.

Now I have a question for anyone that knows the answer: What is that vent under the bathroom door?
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 10:19am
Somebody said it was good to face the toilet, that way you had more arm room.

Peggy, I want to know what that vent's for, too!

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 12:22pm
My take on the shower is stand real still.  So the water won't have to sneak up on you!  LOL

The vent provides access to the plumbing (drain and supply) and allows the space to stay warm when camping in cold weather.  (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Approve) Rob

2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

turncoat3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turncoat3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 2:29pm
the vent under the bathroom door is for acess to the drain for service. It is not actually a vent.
Ben & Lorrie
2010 RP177
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 3:42pm
My advice - take 2 bars of soap with you into the shower in case you drop the 1st one LOL.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
Skooterpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skooterpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by OregonAggie OregonAggie wrote:

What is the best way/system to bath in the shower of the RPOD? I am picking up a 182G next week and this is a concern for the wife. Any suggestions or tricks appreciated.
Have her watch the shower scene in the old movie The Long, Long Trailer with Lucy and Desi.  That way she'll approach the whole thing in good humor.  She'll experience the same kinda frustration as Nicky in the movie. LOL http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047191/
In fact, the whole movie is excellent and I'd recommend it to anyone who loves travel trailers.
2011 RP-177
2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 6:40pm
Steve a.k.a. Ratdog, two bars of soap, now that REALLY is a good idea!!!  Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by R&T's Pod R&T's Pod wrote:

Steve a.k.a. Ratdog, two bars of soap, now that REALLY is a good idea!!!  Rob

Yes, but be sure to take measurements first . . . 2 bars of soap and a human may not fit in the shower at the same time.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
2Peas-n-RPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Peas-n-RPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 11:26pm
We also have a 182G, with the rear kitchen. Seems like you can just skip the inside shower, hook up that 15 ft. coiled hose to the back kitchen faucet and just spray yourself down while watching the TV! Wink
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic