r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shower

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shower
    Posted: 18 Apr 2011 at 11:40am
TMI

Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by rpodmania rpodmania wrote:

Originally posted by tpierce220 tpierce220 wrote:

I thought about the hose in the back of the trailer but then thought about what the neighbor would say about me showering outside.  LOL

I found the shower to be tight but doable.  I would have the water off while I was shampooing or washing with soap and just used the shower head to wet/rinse when needed.  I didn't use much water.

I found the sink to be a little awkward but found that whatever ended up on the shower floor could be rinsed off before I got out.  And, yes, have something to wipe the shower down afterwards so that you can keep it dry.  I did find that the air vent did get my hair dried before I was out of the shower.  

I tried turning off the water while washing down but trying to regulate the water to the proper temp. again is a bit difficult without either getting it too hot or cold 
I find it hard enough just getting the water temp regulated before I get in the shower in the first place never mind with soap in my eyes LOL

Our shower head has a button to just turn off the flow without turning the handles off.
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
rpodmania View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpodmania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by tpierce220 tpierce220 wrote:

I thought about the hose in the back of the trailer but then thought about what the neighbor would say about me showering outside.  LOL

I found the shower to be tight but doable.  I would have the water off while I was shampooing or washing with soap and just used the shower head to wet/rinse when needed.  I didn't use much water.

I found the sink to be a little awkward but found that whatever ended up on the shower floor could be rinsed off before I got out.  And, yes, have something to wipe the shower down afterwards so that you can keep it dry.  I did find that the air vent did get my hair dried before I was out of the shower.  

I tried turning off the water while washing down but trying to regulate the water to the proper temp. again is a bit difficult without either getting it too hot or cold 
I find it hard enough just getting the water temp regulated before I get in the shower in the first place never mind with soap in my eyes LOL
2010 171
Ford f-150 5.4L
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 10:16am

Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
Maryjo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011 at 7:54am
This is what I love about Campers! Everyone has a GREAT sense of humor! LOL 

I must admit I have not used my shower yet, but when I do, I will definately think of you guys and this thread! Thumbs Up

FoxyPod (Maryjo)2010 R-Pod 173 Tow Vehicle:2004 Expedition
2Peas-n-RPod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Peas-n-RPod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 11:26pm
We also have a 182G, with the rear kitchen. Seems like you can just skip the inside shower, hook up that 15 ft. coiled hose to the back kitchen faucet and just spray yourself down while watching the TV! Wink
2011 R-Pod 182G Hood River Edition
"Ribbitt" Pod
2000 Ford F150 5.4L V8 TV
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by R&T's Pod R&T's Pod wrote:

Steve a.k.a. Ratdog, two bars of soap, now that REALLY is a good idea!!!  Rob

Yes, but be sure to take measurements first . . . 2 bars of soap and a human may not fit in the shower at the same time.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
R&T's Pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R&T's Pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 6:40pm
Steve a.k.a. Ratdog, two bars of soap, now that REALLY is a good idea!!!  Rob
2010 R-Pod 175 2007 F-150 Super Cab R&T's Podding Blog

Skooterpod View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skooterpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by OregonAggie OregonAggie wrote:

What is the best way/system to bath in the shower of the RPOD? I am picking up a 182G next week and this is a concern for the wife. Any suggestions or tricks appreciated.
Have her watch the shower scene in the old movie The Long, Long Trailer with Lucy and Desi.  That way she'll approach the whole thing in good humor.  She'll experience the same kinda frustration as Nicky in the movie. LOL http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047191/
In fact, the whole movie is excellent and I'd recommend it to anyone who loves travel trailers.
2011 RP-177
2010 Honda Ridgeline RTL
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2011 at 3:42pm
My advice - take 2 bars of soap with you into the shower in case you drop the 1st one LOL.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic