r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-Pod construction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peggy L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 8:32am
We've had a lot of new members since this was originally posted. If you want to see how the r-pods are constructed, Sandpiper's report is the next best thing to going to the factory yourself.

From what the original poster said it sounds like they translated "aluminum frame" to thinking the whole outside would be aluminum.

As far as what the saleman said about carrying a tool box with you: I think anyone that would travel without some sort of tools would be crazy. There are always little things that need to be fixed around the house and also around an RV. It also sounds as if the salesperson was bum rapping the r-pod in order to make a larger sale.

We have not been disappointed in the quality of the r-pod. And we have had occasion to request help from Forest River. (Not their problem - user stupidity.) They were absolutely awesome about expediting an order to get us back on the road as soon as possible. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

We have traveled over 12,000 miles in our r-pod and have had no failures of any type.
Traveling with Herb and the Boon-doggie

2010 r-pod 171 pulled by '11 Silverado
pmjensen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmjensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 8:36am
Whatever saxack opinion or agenda is, it just that.  I would guess the majority of us are happy with the quality we received for the price we paid.  I personally have not had any problems or issues with our 176, with the obvious exception of the "mattress".  So what do we do?  We let saxack have his/her opinion and we continue to enjoy and pass along our opinions of our great little R-Pods.

Happy Podding 
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2011 Frontier SV
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 8:45am
Originally posted by pmjensen pmjensen wrote:

Whatever saxack opinion or agenda is, it just that.  I would guess the majority of us are happy with the quality we received for the price we paid.  I personally have not had any problems or issues with our 176, with the obvious exception of the "mattress".  So what do we do?  We let saxack have his/her opinion and we continue to enjoy and pass along our opinions of our great little R-Pods.

Happy Podding 

Exactly.  I know for the price, you're going to get what you pay for.  Is it going to have a Tempupedic mattress, a luxurious bath with stone vanity tops, and granite countertops with a deep freeze?  I'm glad that I'm not sleeping in a tiny tent cot, and I'm especially glad that I have something that I will be able to take with us whenever the desire arises and to see family and friends along with adventures that will be special for Louis, the two cats, and I.  

Trailers are meant to be lightweight, and sometimes that means that the construction may be what it is.  However, this trailer has features in it that are much more advanced than the trailer I had growing up, and it will be what it will be.  Plus, I know that we can change things over time to make it more ours.

Life is truly good.  Wink 
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
wbillar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbillar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 9:06am
We had problems initially but our Rpod 171 holds up really well and we have taken a few over 30 day trips.  We now travel with friends who have a 37 ft. diesel coach.  They've had two similar units since we've known them with the last costing almost $450,000, with washer & dryer sleep number bed, tile floors and marble counter tops, etc.  Our friends experience with shakedown problems has lead me to believe that almost all RVs are going to have problems.

One reason we may not want to trade up (we love the rpod with our same floor plan but having a slide-out), is having to "break-in" an new unit.  I feel we've gotten the bugs worked out and we're comfortable with our unit. 
Bill
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 9:08am
Originally posted by saxack saxack wrote:

I was seriously considering purchasing a r-pod, & almost ordered one, until I went to a RV show this last weekend, & looked at several models. I was very surprised at the lack of pride in craftsmanship! It was non-existent! BAH BAH BAH

I have an early 2010 Model 172, Made and Purchased in July 2009.  Forest River made several improvements of the next several production cycles based on this forums comments (i.e. front stablizers, larger Televisons), if the didn't have PRIDE in their product they would have just kept going what they were doing.  This will be my THIRD camping year (I camp pretty much all year).

If you would like heavier wood, granite counters and pillow top mattress' you may want to look into Airstream (more weight and higher price), but then I think you might have to trade your Jeep for a bigger TV or you could just stay home. 

Why come on to an owners forum and knock our choices, is that California logic?Confused

HAPPY R-POD OWNER 
LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
tpierce220 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpierce220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 9:21am
Let's don't call it California logic as there are many smart and logical people from California.  I don't know what this person's motives are, but I do know that I'm happy with what we bought and intend to use ¡Podtástic! for many years.  We even got the personalized license plate on order.  

One of the things that drew me to the R-Pod were forums such as this.  It was active with many people sharing their experiences that you can tell that they loved their Pods.  Louis thought that it was a little fanatical until we bought it and now he wants to visit it in storage whenever we can.  I find that there is something about the trailer that draws people to it, and it drew us to it at the Chicago RV show.  No matter what it is that we looked at it that was at the same price and weight point, we didn't like as well as ¡Podtástic!.  
Adventures with ¡Podtástic!--Life in a Forest River RPod 182G with Tim and Louis and our two cats, Desi and Lucy. Check our website at http://podtastic.info for information on our journeys.
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 9:21am
We took delivery of our 2010 model 172 in July of 2009.  We have used it for two seasons and have had very few problems.  Yes, I needed to sweep out some sawdust and purchase a better mattress, but what I have gained in family memories goes so far beyond whether the cabinets are hardwood or cardboard really doesn't matter. 

Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
Heidi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heidi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 9:25am
As anyone who has read this thread can tell we POD owners are a little "protective" of our forum. Its not that we think the POD is without fault, we just love themHug
we R-pod people
175 ,2 peeps and one small horse
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 9:39am
Originally posted by tpierce220 tpierce220 wrote:

Let's don't call it California logic as there are many smart and logical people from California.  I don't know what this person's motives are, but I do know that I'm happy with what we bought and intend to use ¡Podtástic! for many years.  We even got the personalized license plate on order.  

Sorry if I insulted anyone (from CA) other then SAXACK.
Maybe SAXACK another salesman trying to get business.
LeeClap 
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
czardastx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote czardastx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 11:12am
Originally posted by tpierce220 tpierce220 wrote:

... I'm glad that I'm not sleeping in a tiny tent cot, ...

Believe it or not, I'm going to miss my TentCot. But, I'm not going to miss having to confine myself to the tentcot or SUV when the rain comes down hard. That's just one of the reasons that I'm upgrading to an RPod. I've camped almost 2 years in the TentCot, I know now that camping is something I enjoy doing (it started out as a try it and see thing). So, I'm going for comfort, features and price and getting an RPod. I had originally looked at CampInn teardrops and liked the idea, but again, it's small and costs as much as a RPod with half the features.

(tpierce, not picking on you, just that line from your post caught my eye)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic