r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Maintenance Issues, Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sewer Hose

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamsmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sewer Hose
    Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 10:58am
Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing a RhinoFLEX sewer hose.  It looks like a great product and the reviews are good but here is my question:  Will it fit in my tube at the front of the camper that my current sewer hose is in?  It looks as though it will collapse down short enough but I'm worried about the fittings on the ends of the hose. The bayonet fitting on my current hose fits but there's not alot of extra room.  I'm afraid the rhinoFLEX fitting will be too big for my current tube container.  Does anyone have any experience with this?
Sherrie & Carol,
Henri, Tanner & Jay
2004 Dodge Dakota w/4.7 V8
2011 r-pod 177
www.smonk.net

Let's go camping!
HuronSailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuronSailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 12:10pm
I bought one too. And nope, it won't fit.
.: Mark & Beth :: Silverado 5.3L :: "arrrr"Pod 172 :: My Albums :: OurPod Blog ::
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by iamsmonk iamsmonk wrote:

Hi all,

I'm considering purchasing a RhinoFLEX sewer hose.  It looks like a great product and the reviews are good but here is my question:  Will it fit in my tube at the front of the camper that my current sewer hose is in?  It looks as though it will collapse down short enough but I'm worried about the fittings on the ends of the hose. The bayonet fitting on my current hose fits but there's not alot of extra room.  I'm afraid the rhinoFLEX fitting will be too big for my current tube container.  Does anyone have any experience with this?
You are correct it will not FIT.  The first link was earlier on in my Podding experience, needless to say a little frustrated with the sewer hose thing.   The Second is the solution I went with, and if I get around to it this summer I will put in a second fence post for the electrical cords.  Someone else went with a 6" PVC pipe, and that worked for them.

Congrats on the R-POD and Good Luck on your first R-Pod MOD.

http://www.rpodnation.com/sewer-hose-storeage-holder_topic450_page2.html?KW=sewer+hose

LeeClap
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
pmjensen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmjensen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 1:10pm
I use the front one for my extension cords & my rear fence post for my sewer hose. See http://www.rpodnation.com/nuestro-pod-mod_topic2222.html for my take on the fence post solution.  Very easy maybe a couple of hours to do the whole thing.
2011 R-176 Nuestro Pod
2011 Frontier SV
sylviablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sylviablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 5:58pm
Lee has the ultimate in sewer hose storage!  
In the end there's just a song comes cryin up the night

iamsmonk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamsmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 9:42pm
Thanks for all the input.  Looks like I now have an excuse to visit Lowe's and start another project.
Sherrie & Carol,
Henri, Tanner & Jay
2004 Dodge Dakota w/4.7 V8
2011 r-pod 177
www.smonk.net

Let's go camping!
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2011 at 11:40pm
Be sure to make a list or print the instructions and take with u incase u have to change something. Also I lucked out but there are two sizes of fence post. U need the 6 inch. Have fun.
Lee
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
wbillar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbillar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 8:50am
I also made this modification with a lot of help form Butterfly Lee.  It's really worked great.

Has anyone added a black tank washer like the the Turbo?  Maintenance of the sewage system is probably the worst part of the camping experience.  We use our bathroom.  When dumping the tank needs to be at least 1/2 full.   To clean it I've tried a fexable wand, and more recently the Flush King.  We camp with friends who have a really big rig and they simply connect to a water source while dumping and rinse the tank.

Has anyone made this mod?  I see the new Rpods come equipped with this feature.
Bill
Brin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 9:44am
Originally posted by wbillar wbillar wrote:

I also made this modification with a lot of help form Butterfly Lee.  It's really worked great.

Has anyone added a black tank washer like the the Turbo?  Maintenance of the sewage system is probably the worst part of the camping experience.  We use our bathroom.  When dumping the tank needs to be at least 1/2 full.   To clean it I've tried a fexable wand, and more recently the Flush King.  We camp with friends who have a really big rig and they simply connect to a water source while dumping and rinse the tank.

Has anyone made this mod?  I see the new Rpods come equipped with this feature.

We did add one  of the black tank washers and do like it.  I can't remember the name of which one we got and will have to look when I get home.   It seems to wash out a lot of stuff.
Terri and Craig and Panzer
R-pod 175, 2009
2000 F250 XLT Extended Cab, Diesel
Pawpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pawpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2011 at 5:02pm
The new pods with the bathroom sinks have a black tank flush. It was pointed out to use when we were looking at buying our pod. Glad we waited, we got the new table, graphics, bathroom sink (we'll see how that turns out), four stablizers, and black tank washout. Not sure about separate drains for black and grey though.
Ready to pod around.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic