r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Protective cover floorplan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Protective cover floorplan
    Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 9:55am
I am in desperate need to purchase a cover for my rpod 174  before the snow flies. On the Forest River web site, they require you to choose from two floor plans. RP151 and RP17X. I have no idea which one pertains to my 174. Tried e-mailing with no response. Tried calling and leaving a message with no response. Called my dealer and he quoted me a price of 600.00. What a joke. Your help would be appreciated.  Ken
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 10:02am
For that price, you could almost buy a car port (depending on space) and keep it erect all year long. That way, you don't have to worry about placing or removing the cover.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 10:05am
Order the one for RP17X.   The "X " means it is for All RP 17X models.

Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
tabkld93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabkld93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 10:11am
The price should be $300 - $400. 
Todd, Karen & Leah
'13 Surveyor 240
'12 Ford F150 EcoBoost
Former owner of 2010 R-Pod 172
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 10:39am
CATKEN, you might also check out the "market place in this forum and r pod owners forum"  I remember seeing a CAMO one for sale that was cheaper then a new one from FR. 

LeeClap

And yes X stands for the last number, the 15x we a little smaller, 17x is the size you need. 

P.S. That's how I got mine, Podders selling to Podders.  LOL 
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
catken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 2:36pm
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLIES.  Ken
this_is_nascar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote this_is_nascar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by catken catken wrote:

I am in desperate need to purchase a cover for my rpod 174  before the snow flies. On the Forest River web site, they require you to choose from two floor plans. RP151 and RP17X. I have no idea which one pertains to my 174. Tried e-mailing with no response. Tried calling and leaving a message with no response. Called my dealer and he quoted me a price of 600.00. What a joke. Your help would be appreciated.  Ken

Ok, so I'll be the one to ask.  Why the desire for a cover?  Do you have a specific function you're trying to achieve by taking on this added expense?

"Ray & Connie"

- 2017 R-Pod RP-180
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Off Road

psaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by this_is_nascar this_is_nascar wrote:

Originally posted by catken catken wrote:

Ok, so I'll be the one to ask.  Why the desire for a cover?  Do you have a specific function you're trying to achieve by taking on this added expense?

Best reason, I suppose, is too protect it from the environment when stored.
2011 RP177 "Sponge Pod"
2011 F-150 XLT "Texas Edition"
P2 Brake Controller
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic