r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > r-pod Reviews and Information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R-pod HRE (Hood River Edition)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RpodMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 11:53am
Fact:  The R-pod HRE is built out of the Dallas, OR plant and will be sold only in the Western Markets.  The product is designed to have a more aggressive look and will come standard with the Diamond Plate rock protection, Axle Riser Kit and Mudster tires.  Call a western dealer for more details.
Kenn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 12:58pm
How can there be a sink in the bathroom and stay the same length? Maybe they can make a Toy Hauler edition as well...would be cool.

2010 RPOD 176 (Silly-POD), 2011 Forest River Stealth 2612, and 2014 Forest River XLR 380AMP
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by RpodMan RpodMan wrote:

Fact:  The R-pod HRE is built out of the Dallas, OR plant and will be sold only in the Western Markets.  The product is designed to have a more aggressive look and will come standard with the Diamond Plate rock protection, Axle Riser Kit and Mudster tires.  Call a western dealer for more details.
Sounds like a little discrimination against us Easterners!!  Oh well, I already have a 172 that I love. By the way, after looking at the HRE, it does not look like Mudster tires and Axle Riser Kit would help much in going off road.  The axle is still low.  Of course, I am not an "off road" kind of camper so how would I know????
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2010 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by pepperpod pepperpod wrote:

Sounds like a little discrimination against us Easterners!!  Oh well, I already have a 172 that I love. By the way, after looking at the HRE, it does not look like Mudster tires and Axle Riser Kit would help much in going off road.  The axle is still low.  Of course, I am not an "off road" kind of camper so how would I know????

The term "axle riser" is a bit of a misnomer. The axle riser does not raise the axle at all. It raises the pod an extra 4" or so above the axle.

--Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
headcold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote headcold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 5:33pm
As the assumption that the graphic of your R-Pod is accurate, how did you get that nifty port window in the door? Standard issue for that model?  I'm picking up my 2011 172 in a few weeks and sure wish that it had more light in the front end of the unit.
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2011 at 7:40pm
If you're talking to me, my husband installed it for me. We ordered the window from Ebay. The first hole was the hardest! I love it. You can't see  in but can see out. It's like a great big peephole. And it does let light in.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2011 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by headcold headcold wrote:

As the assumption that the graphic of your R-Pod is accurate, how did you get that nifty port window in the door? Standard issue for that model?  I'm picking up my 2011 172 in a few weeks and sure wish that it had more light in the front end of the unit.
We do not have the round window but have a window that would be in an rv door.  Our dealer checked out the door to see if it would be ok to put one in.  They did almost a year ago, and we have been very happy with it.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic