r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traveling with Table on R-Pod 171

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCDAMEEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 11:25am
We found that storing the table during travel was best by folding the table legs as usual, then, sliding the back edge of the table (with top of table facing away from you) down along the rear seat cushion base.   The supports on the sides to make it into a bed area do not go all the way back, so they (and the pressure of the seat cushions on both sides) keep the table in a perfect upright storage position, and it can't wiggle or fall out of place.   It is out of the way, easy to set up, and secure without adding a thing.
   We did dislike the table with the legs though, as most of you do.   We purchased a pedestal set and now we can get in & out of the table area easily by pivoting the table.   I also mounted the pedestal more toward the back of the table floor area to give even easier access.
   If I could figure out how to post photo's, I will get some in here.Confused
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Ratdog Ratdog wrote:

Originally posted by Outbound Outbound wrote:

Instead, I installed a pair of bungee cords on the table, one at the back (near the front of our r-pod) and one at the front.  

We only put a bungee on the back legs and leave it there all the time. The table doesn't budge when we travel. Hooking up and taking off the 2nd bungee from the front in order to use the benches isn't a big deal I suppose but it's just one more thing to do that we've found doesn't have to be done.

-- Steve

Steve, it looks like you missed part of my post:

Most of the time, even while traveling, I'll just leave the back bungee connected and the front one tucked out of the way.  This keeps the table secure and upright while the r-pod is moving but also allows the two of us to sit comfortably at the table while camping.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 1:35pm

Steve, it looks like you missed part of my post:

Yes, sorry, I did miss that Confused.

Take care,
-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
dockguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 8:16pm
HI CCDAMEEK,

I would like to see pictures of the pedastal table.  I think that that is a good idea. 

Take Care,
Dockguy
2011 R-pod 171/ 2005 Toyota Tundra
RCP
CCDAMEEK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCDAMEEK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 8:47pm
Here are some photo's of the converted table to a pedestal table.  I still need to get underneath and move the fresh water tank out of the way to bolt thru the floor rather than just screws as it is now installed.  I will back it underneath with some plate aluminum to stop the 'wobble' from the floor flex.
   Also is photo's of the table in the stored position, which requires no extra work or straps.  It stays put traveling,  and is out of the way when loading/unloading.
Hope this works.....Star
dragonfly's r-pod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragonfly's r-pod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 10:37am
We got real tired of the table in our 171.  There are only the two of us so we went to camping world and bought the table that has two fold don leaves.  We raised the one so that it goes against the front wall then left the other down.  I fits nice and snug between the two benches.  Will try to post a pic.
okiecamper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote okiecamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 10:28am
Butterfly_lee,

how big is that folding table?

where did you get it?

I wanna do the same thing, and not use the forrest river table
its too heavy  and  I dont wanna leave it in the standing position.

thanks.

Phil
there are storms in life, the secret is to learn how to dance in the rain

2010 172
2006 chevy siverado 1500
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by okiecamper okiecamper wrote:

Butterfly_lee,

how big is that folding table?

where did you get it?

I wanna do the same thing, and not use the forrest river table
its too heavy  and  I dont wanna leave it in the standing position.

thanks.

Phil
Phil, I got one at CAMPINGWORLD, in Flagstaff last year don't remember what it cost, brought another one to use outside at ACADEMY Sports here is Corpus Christi.  It was 19.99, don't have the POD with me so I can't measurement, but I can get it for you next week.

LeeClap 
Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
YakDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YakDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 8:10am
Chunked the legs off my table last night. Since we spend most of our time outside in the dome, we keep our 171 set up with two beds. I have a nice folding table that we use for meals and one to hold the toaster oven and coffee pot outside. All the pod is used for is potty calls and snoozing. All of our cooking and relaxing is done outside.
YakDriver, Ain't Leo, Chaz and Lil Harry in grrr-Pod

2013 r-Pod 182G Hood River; 2013 Ford F150 STX

YakDriver's Blog
okiecamper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote okiecamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2010 at 9:29am
thanks, I see them at  campingnworld and academt, they are 4ft tables

I was just wondering  because the space where the table rests on the supports
is 28 wide by 29 long.

they run about 19.00 too

looks like its a bit smaller than the original table.

thanks

Phil
there are storms in life, the secret is to learn how to dance in the rain

2010 172
2006 chevy siverado 1500
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic