r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traveling with Table on R-Pod 171

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traveling with Table on R-Pod 171
    Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 9:58pm
When we travel I store the r-pod table closed, laying down on the table rails which is used to turn the table section into another bed.  Is this correct ?  This last trip, I noticed that the left side table rail was loose.   I tried tightening the screws with no luck.  When I got home I replaced the factory screws holding up the table rails with longer multi-purpose screws.  This seemd to work for now.  Has anyone else had this problem ? 

Thanks for the input ...
Dockguy
20011 R-Pod 171/ 2005 Toyota Tundra  
RCP
argh6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argh6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 10:00pm
I also traveled with the table in the down position and had no issues.  I have read many post in which Pod'ers had to reattach the rails.
Jerry, Julie, Kaiti, & Abbi ~ Phoenix, AZ ~ 2010 172T ~ 2004 Acura MDX
dockguy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dockguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 10:23pm
Thanks for the input -Jerry and Julie. 

Happy Travels...
Dockguy
RCP
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by dockguy dockguy wrote:

When we travel I store the r-pod table closed, laying down on the table rails which is used to turn the table section into another bed.  Is this correct ?  This last trip, I noticed that the left side table rail was loose.   I tried tightening the screws with no luck.  When I got home I replaced the factory screws holding up the table rails with longer multi-purpose screws.  This seemd to work for now.  Has anyone else had this problem ? 

Thanks for the input ...
Dockguy
20011 R-Pod 171/ 2005 Toyota Tundra  
I think someone posted on here that their rails gave way and they ended up on the floor in the middle of the night. LOL  I know, I know, it is not funny if you are the one hitting the floor at 3am.
Ouch
We always travel with our table in the bed configuration.
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Butterfly_Lee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butterfly_Lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 11:29pm
I don't take the forest river table at all.  I have a small light weight table that the storage vertical against the fridge.  I have to pieces of 3/4 wood that I cut to go on the rails if I need to make up the bed.  The wood stores under the cushions.

I have a 172 so our beds are always available.

I did have to shift the rails when I created a pass storage area under the back bench, and I used slightly larger wood screws.

LeeClap

Still a work in progress, lots of pictures.
http://podterfly.blogspot.com/
Outbound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outbound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 7:17am
Putting the table up/down got very old very fast with me.  Our last trailer was a pop up and I'd had quite enough of pulling things out and setting things up while camping.

Instead, I installed a pair of bungee cords on the table, one at the back (near the front of our r-pod) and one at the front.  I drilled holes in appropriate places of the side rails to fit in the wire bungee hooks.

Most of the time, even while traveling, I'll just leave the back bungee connected and the front one tucked out of the way.  This keeps the table secure and upright while the r-pod is moving but also allows the two of us to sit comfortably at the table while camping.
Craig :: 2008 Mazda Tribute :: 2009 r-pod 171, The Johnnie Ray
argh6 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote argh6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 11:30am
Great idea Craig!!!
Jerry, Julie, Kaiti, & Abbi ~ Phoenix, AZ ~ 2010 172T ~ 2004 Acura MDX
tdrace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 9:36pm
Clap   Super idea!!! I hate putting up and down!
Thanks
Theresa's Seaside Cowgirl
2010 FORD F150 V-8
2010 R-POD 173
Sisters on the Fly #1569
takeabreath3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takeabreath3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2010 at 9:46pm
I take my table down but put it long ways on the benches.  that way i have more room to stack stuff under and over the table!  since i use my pod for work i have several file boxes, printer, fax, blah blah blah, so needless to say i need that little extra space that it provides me!

this is all in a 177 so my set up is a little different that the 171.

peace and love to all, judy
Life isn't a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safe in a pretty well preserved body, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up totally worn out, loudly proclaiming WOW WHAT A RIDE
Ratdog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ratdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 7:31am
Originally posted by Outbound Outbound wrote:

Instead, I installed a pair of bungee cords on the table, one at the back (near the front of our r-pod) and one at the front.  

We only put a bungee on the back legs and leave it there all the time. The table doesn't budge when we travel. Hooking up and taking off the 2nd bungee from the front in order to use the benches isn't a big deal I suppose but it's just one more thing to do that we've found doesn't have to be done.

-- Steve

Steve, Anne, and Paige the Rat Terrier
2013 Lexus RX 450h Hybrid AWD
2011 RP-177 (aka: The Circus Wagon)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic