r-pod Nation Homepage R-Pod Travel Trailers At Jeff Couchs RV Nation
Forum Home Forum Home > Forest River r-pod > Miscellaneous / Off-topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

r-Dome Assembly Video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Poll Question: Should a r-Dome Assembly Video be made?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
46 [80.70%]
0 [0.00%]
9 [15.79%]
1 [1.75%]
1 [1.75%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PodPatrol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: r-Dome Assembly Video
    Posted: 14 Jul 2010 at 5:27pm
We are in dire need of a Video showing how to assemble an r-Dome !!!

Surely there are members who could pull this off. Given the right equipment (r-Pod, r-Dome, Video camera, Time) and pleasant weather (not raining) Im sure there are many qualified Podders that could produce a quality instructional type Video.
Be an over-night Video star on U-Tube(at least at r-Pod Nation) !!! We can upload it to You-Tube and post the link in the FAQs.

What a valuable resource for future Podders, and/or current Podders !!!

If you are remotely interested please contact me via PM or post here.

What ya say Podders ??? Enlist today !!! See the Dome !!! r-Pod Nation needs you !!!

(tear down "is" optional)
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 10:34am
Originally posted by PodPatrol PodPatrol wrote:

We are in dire need of a Video showing how to assemble an r-Dome !!!

Surely there are members who could pull this off. Given the right equipment (r-Pod, r-Dome, Video camera, Time) and pleasant weather (not raining) Im sure there are many qualified Podders that could produce a quality instructional type Video.
Be an over-night Video star on U-Tube(at least at r-Pod Nation) !!! We can upload it to You-Tube and post the link in the FAQs.

What a valuable resource for future Podders, and/or current Podders !!!

If you are remotely interested please contact me via PM or post here.

What ya say Podders ??? Enlist today !!! See the Dome !!! r-Pod Nation needs you !!!

(tear down "is" optional)
PodPatrol...I would be willing to do this (with my over 30 years in radio and tv) but we don't have the r-Dome...rats and double RATS!
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 3:19pm
PodPatrol,
Like rpoders2 we would love to make an R Dome video with dancing girls, free beer, talking elephants the whole sha bang but ---wouldn't ya know it we don't have a video camera and none of our friends or relatives have one either.  Proubly wouldn't loan it to us any way even if they had one.
Someone that has both the R Dome and the video camera and someone smart enough to run it will step forward I'm sure or they are already in production and can't be bothered while shooting the video to make a post.
THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD MARKETING TOOL FOR FOREST RIVER DON'T YOU THINK ? 
ARE YOU LISTENING FOREST RIVER ? HUH, HUH ?

PS: Yes they use elephants to put up circus tents don't ya know.  And, Hey Dudley could help.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Ford 150-[Mini Lite 2104S]
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 3:46pm
rpoders2,
Here's the deal.  You show up at the Fall Ohio Roundup with your talent and video camera and Mrs Piper and I will show up with our tricked out canopy track, R Dome and R Pod and together we will make a super-- duper video of how to put up an R Dome.  I'll bring the beer --you bring the dancing girls and Tink and pepperpod can bring the elephants. Pam and Bob DeLay can be the movie producers and directors, Rick can do his couching thing and Phil H can sit back and tell everyone he has never seen any of us before in his life.  Tom and Ella will be moving  their T@B to a different State Park.

When it is finished we will enter it in the America's Funniest Videos and we will use the $10,000 first prize to have one heck of a camping trip.

Does this sound like a plan or what ?

ps: Tink you have everything else you might as well have a couple of elephants !
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
pepperpod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperpod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 4:00pm
Tink!!!!!
I just checked the Elephant Warehouse and they are all out of Elephants!!!!! Shocked  What are we going to do???? When sandpiper assigns a task, we must do it!!!   I know.  The Cincinnati zoo is not too far away.  I will check with them to see if they have a couple we could borrow for the weekend. Big smile  Clap
Pepper,Coach,and Henry (a very brave little Maltese)
R Pod 172

The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor...unknown
Phil H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 4:04pm
At 6'2", I don't need a step ladder to pull/push the rope end through the track. I'd be happy to help with the tall bits Wink. I'm sure we can fit this AND a trip to the factory into the weekend, Sandpiper. 
2010 R-pod 171 (sold)
2010 Surveyor SV251 towed by a 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 5:10pm
Hey Phil,
After I installed the High Speed Flat Head screws into the Bored Out Track Holes in the canopy track the only assistance needed is for someone to stand at the opposite end and stop the R Dome from sliding all the way through.
I'm confident we would be able to accomplish the Plant tour and the R Dome (Academy Award Winning ) Video both in a weekend.  With the talent that is going to be there thats probably not all we will accomplish.
And pepperpod, I don't care where you find the elephants and I don't even care if they happen to be pink.  I'm just excited about the Roundup and all the happenings.
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
rpoders2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpoders2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Sandpiper Sandpiper wrote:

rpoders2,
Here's the deal.  You show up at the Fall Ohio Roundup with your talent and video camera and Mrs Piper and I will show up with our tricked out canopy track, R Dome and R Pod and together we will make a super-- duper video of how to put up an R Dome.  I'll bring the beer --you bring the dancing girls and Tink and pepperpod can bring the elephants. Pam and Bob DeLay can be the movie producers and directors, Rick can do his couching thing and Phil H can sit back and tell everyone he has never seen any of us before in his life.  Tom and Ella will be moving  their T@B to a different State Park.

When it is finished we will enter it in the America's Funniest Videos and we will use the $10,000 first prize to have one heck of a camping trip.

Does this sound like a plan or what ?

ps: Tink you have everything else you might as well have a couple of elephants !
Now I may just HAVE to come to the Fall Ohio RU!
I'll have to lose 30 lbs. because the camera puts weight on you.
And...I would like to film after the beer....
Ellen, Dick (2 legs)
Mo Chara (the camping cat) Dudley (the world's best camping dog)
RPod 173
'07 Honda Pilot
Sandpiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by rpoders2 rpoders2 wrote:

Now I may just HAVE to come to the Fall Ohio RU!
I'll have to lose 30 lbs. because the camera puts weight on you.
And...I would like to film after the beer....

I think I can speak for everyone else we hope you will show up.  What good is a video if Dudley isn't in it?
30 Lbs ?  That is an awful big camera isn't it ?
Sandpiper
Mrs.'Piper
Tink View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2010 at 10:05pm
HUMPH!!!!! Elephants! Ya think Rosemary and I can't do anything! HUH??? Rosemary, if the Zoo won't lend us an elephant, I'll have to see what I can do!
Seriously, that's a great idea to do an R-Dome video while we are there. I think it can all be done. We have 3 days for it, after all.

Tink'rPod 174 Knoxville,TN,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic